Taiwan External Trade Development Council
|Motto||Cooperation, Commitment, Concentration, Creativity|
|Formation||1 July 1970|
|Type||Juridical Person / Trade|
|Headquarters||Taipei City, Taiwan|
|Traditional Chinese & English|
|James C. F. Huang (Chairman)|
Walter Yeh (President & CEO)
Simon Wang (Executive Vice President)
The Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA; Chinese: 中華民國對外貿易發展協會; pinyin: Zhōnghuá Mínguó Duìwài Màoyì Fāzhǎn Xiéhuì) is a non-profit government co-sponsored trade promotion organization in Taiwan.
It was founded in 1970 as China External Trade Development Council (CETRA). However, it changed its English name in January 2004. This was in order to avoid confusion with bodies representing the People's Republic of China.
TAITRA assists Taiwan businesses and manufacturers to reinforce their international competitiveness and to cope with the challenges they face in foreign markets.
Cooperating with Far East Trade Services, Inc. (FETS) and the Taipei World Trade Center (TWTC), its sister organizations, TAITRA has striven to adapt its trade promotion strategies to the changing international conditions.
Its major functions include: Market Research & Information Service, Market Development, Exhibition & Convention Service, Trade Education and Web Service.
- Board of Directors
- Auditing Office
- Deputy Chairman
- President and CEO
- Research and Evaluation Committee
- Executive Vice Presidents
- Market Development Department
- Market Research Department
- Trade Net Center
- International Trade Institute
- Planning and Finance Department
- 4 Domestic Branch Offices
- 60 Overseas Branch Offices and 8 Points of Contact in Mainland China
- Strategic Marketing Department
- Service Industry Promotion Center
- Exhibition Department
- Taipei International Exhibition Center
- Nangang International Exhibition Center
- Taipei International Convention Center
- General Administration Department
Over the past decades, TAITRA has developed trade promotion, and it has an information network consisting of trained specialists stationed in offices worldwide:
- Tan, Jason (2006-01-05). "TAITRA looking to open another five branches this year". Taipei Times. Retrieved 2006-12-23.
- CETRA Celebrates Past, Sets Sights, Taiwan Today, July 9, 1990
- CETRA drops `China' from name, Taipei Times, January 6, 2004
- CETRA to change its name, using `Taiwan' in title, Taipei Times, December 19, 2003
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taiwan External Trade Development Council.|
|This article about a Taiwanese organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|