Taiwan Foundation for Democracy
|Formation||17 June 2003|
|Su Chia-chyuan (Chairman)|
David Lin (Vice Chairman)
Hsu Szu-chien (President)
The Taiwan Foundation for Democracy (TFD; Chinese: 財團法人臺灣民主基金會; pinyin: Cáituán Fǎrén Táiwān Mínzhǔ Jījīnhuì) is a non-profit organisation headquartered in Taipei. Originally proposed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China, the foundation's purpose is to promote democracy around the world. The Foundation was established in June 2003 as a non-partisan, non-profit organization.
The foundation was one of the largest donors to the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation, donating US$1 million towards the construction of the Victims of Communism Memorial in Washington, DC.
- Research and Development Department
- International Cooperation Department
- Domestic Affairs Department
- Asia-Pacific Democracy Resource Center
TFD publishes the semi-annual Taiwan Journal of Democracy (TJD, ISSN 1815-7238), a refereed journal for the study of democratic politics, especially democratic development in Taiwan and other Asian democracies.
- "Our Ideas". Taiwan Foundation for Democracy. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Chu, Monique (June 14, 2002). "Proposals floated to form foundation to promote democracy". The Taipei Times. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- The Republic of China Yearbook. Taipei, Taiwan, ROC: Government Information Office. 2008. p. 166. ISBN 978-986-01-5646-1.
- Miller, John (December 12, 2005). "Memorial Day: Honoring the victims of Communism". The National Review. Retrieved November 4, 2009.
- "The forgotten victim of communism". The Taipei Times. June 14, 2007. p. 8. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- Ko, Shu-ling (November 10, 2009). "Taiwan receives slice of Berlin Wall". Taipei Times. Retrieved November 10, 2009.
- "Taiwan Journal of Democracy". JournalGuide. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- "Taiwan Journal of Democracy". Taiwan Foundation for Democracy. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- "China Human Rights Report". Taiwan Foundation for Democracy. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- "Taiwan Democracy Quarterly". Taiwan Foundation for Democracy. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- Taiwan Foundation for Democracy in English
- 台灣民主基金會 (Táiwān Mínzhǔ jījīnhuì) in Chinese
- World Forum for Democracy in Asia
- Asia Democracy and Human Rights Award
- IHRFG: Taiwan Foundation for Democracy