Taiwan is Good (traditional Chinese: 台灣好) is a patriotic song of the Republic of China. It is about the ROC's government and people's desire to retake Mainland China from the Chinese Communist forces. It also celebrates the development of modern Taiwan, which however is considered but one province of the whole ROC.
- Taiwan is good! Taiwan is good! Taiwan truly is an island of renewal!
- Patriotic heroes and courageous fighters all leap into her embrace.
- We enjoy temperate breezes, we listen to majestic ocean waves,
- Our love of country is greater than the height of Alishan, greater than the height of Alishan!
- We can never forget our Mainland compatriots,
- Who are struggling on the brink of death, who are distressed in their internments.
- They are pleading for help, they are wailing,
- Hear them pleading for help, they are wailing, pleading for help, wailing!
- Our blood rushes like the tide, our hearts beat wildly,
- Our guns are at our shoulders, our swords are unsheathed, breaking through enemy cities and felling multitudes of monsters.
- Our brothers and sisters, our fathers and elderly,
- We are returning soon to counterattack the Mainland, we are returning, we are returning soon!
- ^ Chang, Hui-ching; Holt, Richard (2014). Language, Politics and Identity in Taiwan. Routledge. p. 52.