|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2014)|
Taiwo Oladoye (full name: Esther Taiwo David-Oladoye) is an award-winning Nigerian female contemporary gospel singer and composer. In 2013 she won four awards in the space of eight weeks, beating household names like Henrisoul, Ibitayo Jeje & Flo in the process. One of the awards, the 'Outstanding Mother of the Year' award was presented to her on Mother's Day in March, 2013 in recognition of her single, 'My Mother '.
Born in Ibadan, Oyo State but raised in Lagos, her primary education was at Niger Pre-Age International Home School, Ipaja, and her Secondary education at Comprehensive High School (aka COMPRO), Aiyetoro, Ogun State. Thereafter, she proceeded to study Accountancy at The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. She completed her National Youth Service Corps program in Biu, Borno State, Nigeria.
Taiwo was Praise & Worship leader in the Christian Union at Polytechnic, Ibadan (1995-1997), Rhema Chapel, Agbowo, Ibadan (1998-2000), and is currently in the Faith Tabernacle Choir of the Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel.
Influences and comparisons
Awards and nominations
- 2013 - Best New Artiste at the Music & Entertainment Gospel Awards (MEGAWARDS)
- 2013 - Best New Artiste of the Year at the Nigeria Gospel Music Awards
- 2013 - Best Indigenous Song (Alternative) at the Nigerian Gospel Music Awards (NGMA)
- 2013 - Best Music Video at the Music Entertainment and Gospel Awards (MEGAWARDS)
- 2013 - Best Female Vocalist at the Nigeria Gospel Music Awards
Shake Up The Heavens (2012)
Her debut album titled 'Shake up the Heaven', a 6-track album produced by Tosin Olajide Paul of the ROTE Entertainment and mixed by Ojo Noah Kay of K-Strings, was launched in December 2012.