||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
2 June 1978 |
Busselton, Western Australia, Australia
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|Best year||1999 & 2007 – 2nd in ASP World Tour Ranking|
|Sponsors||Billabong, Lost Surfboards, Von Zipper, Globe, Futures Fins|
|Stance||Natural (regular) foot|
In 1998 he qualified for the ASP World Tour at the age of 18 years, becoming the youngest surfer to ever win a national title. Burrow had already earned a place on the world tour a year earlier, but he turned it down stating that, as a 17-year-old, he was "too young to do the tour full-on". After his first year on tour in 1998, Burrow claimed the ASP World Tour Rookie of the Year award after finishing 12th place in the rankings.
In 2007 Burrow won the Rip Curl Pro at Bells Beach, Victoria, Australia. He backed this up with a victory at the 2007 Billabong Pro in Jeffrey's Bay, South Africa, where he claimed the title over the then 8-time world champion, Kelly Slater. This win helped to secure his 2nd place ranking on the ASP Men's Tour, his second runner-up season placing.
ASP Tour Wins
In 2003 Burrow released a book entitled Taj Burrow's Book of Hot Surfing, and has also produced a series of his own surf videos: Sabotaj (2000), Montaj (2002) and Taj Burrow's Fair Bits (2005).
- Warshaw, Matt (2003). The Encyclopedia of Surfing. Harcourt. p. 94.
- "Team - Taj Burrow". Billabong US. Billabong International Ltd. September 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Fuel TV Profile[dead link][dead link]
- "Surfer Profile: Taj Burrow". ASP World Tour. The Association of Surfing Professionals. September 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Margie McDonald (13 April 2007). "Burrow last man standing to ring bell". The Australian. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- AAP (16 December 2009). "Pushing our Burrow". Herald Sun. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Taj Burrow Wins The 2013 Hurley Pro". Surfing Magazine. GrindMedia, LLC. 18 September 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Taj Burrow's Book of Hot Surfing
- 23-Jan-2009 Surf Europe article 'Taj re-signs with Globe Shoes', retrieved 24-Oct-2011
- Simon Barratt (January 2010). "Taj’s Small Fries grommet event set to roll in Yallingup". Surfers Village. Retrieved 24 September 2013.