Taj International Airport
|Taj International Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Location||Agra Uttar Pradesh|
|Focus city for||Agra, Gwalior, Mathura and other near cities|
The Taj International Airport is a proposed international airport to be built at Kurikupa near Hirangaon, Jewar in Gautam Budh Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh. In 2016 August ,Finally Govt have aproved the Taj international airport in Agra.
The Union government was not keen on clearing the project because it was too close to the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) in Delhi. It was designed to serve the people of Uttar Pradesh and eastern Haryana to export flowers and other agri-goods from the Taj Special Economic Zone to markets in the Middle East and Europe.
The techno-feasibility report
The Central government cleared the techno-feasibility report for setting up the Taj International Airport and Aviation Hub in April 2003, It was to be constructed and operated by the year 2007-08. The new international airport, about 72 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport at Delhi, would be built at an approximate cost of Rs 5000 crore (Rs 50 billion).
Originally the project supposed to come up at Jewar village near Greater Noida, near the Yamuna Expressway. This site was within 72 kilometres of Indira Gandhi International Airport(IGI), Delhi. Its operators, the GMR Group had protested against plans for another international airport within 150 kilometres of the existing Delhi airport, claiming that it would impact traffic and revenue generation. GMR has right of first refusal (RoFR) on new airport within 150 kilometres of the existing Delhi airport. The RoFR was to ensure that GMR gets preference in bidding for the Greater Noida airport in case its bid is within 10% of the highest bidder. Thus this site was cancelled. Now it is proposed at Hirangaon, near Tundla Tehsil of Firozabad district. as the previous location was in radius of 150 km.
- In 2013 June, the Uttar Pradesh Government finalized on Kurikupa near Hirangaon, Tundla in Firozabad district as site for the proposed airport.
- In 2014 January, Defence Ministry raised some objects to the proposed site near Tundla.
- November 2014: As per Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, the state government allocated land near Etmadpur for the proposed airport. 
- June 2015: The civil aviation ministry cleared a proposal for a second international airport in Delhi-NCR that is likely to be built at Jewar in Greater Noida.
In 2016 August, the Uttar Pradesh Govt. Had approved the taj international airport in Agra. Govt had to plan accquire 55 acre land for expansion of Agra Airforce station into Taj international Airport. Land acquire works starting from 24 September 2016
- Kanpur International Airport
- Lucknow International Airport
- Varanasi International Airport
- Kanpur Airport
- Allahabad Airport
- Raebareli Airport
- "New initiatives". Greater Noida Authority.
- . Times of India. Indiatimes.com. June 26, 2015 http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/noida/Jewar-to-take-wing-as-ministry-clears-second-NCR-airport/articleshow/47822603.cms. Missing or empty
- Project status as on 9-April-2008
- Project status as on 8-May-2009
- Project status as on 27-Dec-2009
- Project status as on 02-Mar-2010
- Project status as on 13-Mar-2010