Tajik National University
Донишгоҳи Миллии Тоҷикистон
|Campus||Rudaki str. 17, 734025, Dushanbe, Tajikistan|
|Language||Tajik, Russian, English|
|Sports||Football, Military exercise|
Tajik National University (Tajik: Донишгоҳи Миллии Тоҷикистон, Russian: Таджикский Национальный Университет) is the first and largest university in Tajikistan with a total of 23 thousand students trained per year in 18 different academic branches.
TNU was formed in 21 March 1947 and the head office of the university is located in the capital city of Tajikistan, Dushanbe Rudaki Avenue near Vatan cinema.
Tajik National University prepares a very extensive human resources for sectors of the economy of Tajikistan, from journalists to ordinary finance professionals and managers. President Emomali Rahmon and the former chairman of the National Bank of Tajikistan Murodali Alimardon are alumnis.
University at itself in the submission as a publishing, research library, botanical garden, hostel, military chair and high school, including 114 departments (107 special departments). For the industrial and practical training of students in the establishment of functioning of educational and production bases: Takob, Ziddi and Javoni.
The University has 154 doctors, professors and 509 candidates of sciences. The Tajik National University are 8 dissertation councils for 10 areas on which every year are protected around 100 master’s and doctoral theses.
Tuition at the Tajik National University for legal and economic fields ranges from US$2,000 to US$2,800. This is among the highest tuition costs in Tajikistan.
When TNU formed Institute for Advanced Studies teachers RT Universities, Research Institutes, scientific library with 945 000 copies of scientific, educational, fiction and periodicals means 110 research laboratories, electronic library with access to more than 12 million digital online sources, bio-technology Centre, Techno Park, Center for Language Studies, Cultural Education Center “Confucius”, Center of periodicals, printing and translation center “Russian world”, the cultural centers of Iran and Pakistan. In 2009, the high school course and Mathematics was established at the University.
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of International Relations
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Accounting and Economics
- Faculty of Journalism
- Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Philology
- Faculty of Geology
- Faculty of Languages Asia and Europe
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Finance and Economy
- Faculty of Biology
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Russian Language and Literature
- Salimjon Aioubov – journalist, reporter and writer
- Guljahon Bobosodiqova – Deputy of the Supreme Soviet of the Tajik SSR and the Supreme Soviet of the USSR
- Sherali Khayrulloyev – former Minister of Defense of Tajikistan.
- Umarali Quvvatov – an outspoken critic of veteran Tajik leader Emomali Rahmon
- Emomali Rahmon – current president of Tajikistan
- Bashiri, Iraj (2002). Prominent Tajik Figures of the Twentieth Century. Dushanbe, Tajikistan: International Borbad Foundation, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan. p. 59. OCLC 501842788.
- "Vocal critic of Tajik president shot dead in Istanbul". Channel NewsAsia. 6 March 2015. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
|This article about a university or other tertiary education institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Tajikistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|