|Regions with significant populations|
About 6,000 Tajikistanis live in the US. Most reside in New York, California and Nebraska, as well as in Washington DC. Many come to US to study and work. Most Tajikistanis who emigrated to work get the right of permanent residence. Most second generation Tajiks can speak their original language, while those of mixed descent mainly speak English. Many marry other Tajiks because of their cultural affinity.
Several Tajik associations operate in the US. One is the American-Tajik Association, established in Brooklyn, whose goal is to unite the Tajik diaspora, giving them a forum to gather and celebrate their culture.
In May 2012 the Tajik American Cultural Association (TACA) was founded by Tajikistani local volunteers Vladimir Fedorenko, Anvar Samadzoda, Akobir Akhmedov and Faridun Nazarov in Fairfax, Virginia as a non-profit, non-governmental, cultural, professional and educational organization. The mission of TACA is to promote and facilitate intercultural understanding and cooperation by organizing educational and cultural programs that focus on issues concerning the Tajik American community.  In addition, TACA strives to address the needs of the Tajik community in America. TACA believes that building cultural bridges among Tajik and American communities is needed and aims to promote further integration, encourage cooperation and establish close relations with other US communities.
- "Table 1. First, Second, and Total Responses to the Ancestry Question by Detailed Ancestry Code: 2000". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-06-28.
- INTERVIEW: Tajik American community and other Central Asian diasporas in the United States. Rethink: Institute Washington DC (source in Russian language, but is the only source found about Tajikistani living in USA, apart from the articles about their associations in the US). Posted in July 2015. Retrieved on April 27, 2016.
- American-Tajik Association in Brooklyn, New York.
- "American-Tajik Association set up in the United States". Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "tvtvt". Retrieved 26 April 2016.