Tajuddin Muhammad Badruddin
|Syed Mohammad Baba Tajuddin|
|Born||January 27, 1861
Kamthi, British India
|Died||August 17, 1925
Tajuddin Baba was born in 1268 A.H. This date of birth was confirmed by Baba himself. Baba belongs to the family of Hazrat Imam Hassan and Hazrat Imam Hussain, he was a descendent, in the 10th generation of the founder of would Sufi Naqshbandi order Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari and in the 22nd generation of the 11th Shia imam al-Hasan al-Askari.". Baba's forefathers migrated from Mecca and settled down in Madras, India and were mostly employed with the military. Baba was born in Madras and later Baba moved to Kamthi. Baba's father died when Baba's mother was pregnant. His father's name was Hazrat Syedna Moulana Badruddin. Baba lost his mother Makhdooma Mohtarma Syeda Amma Maryam Bibi Saheba when he was a baby. His maternal grandfather Hazrat Shaikh Meeran Major took care of Baba after the death of his mother.
Baba Tajuddin as an orphaned child at young age raised by his maternal grandmother and uncle Abdul Rahman. He attended a Madrasah in Kamthi, Nagpur. where he met Hazrat Abdulla Shah Qadri who initiated him into the spiritual path.
Hazrat Moulana Syed Abdullah Shah Sahib who was a Majzoob Salik saint from Qadri Sufi order commented (about Baba) to his teacher that “There is no need of teaching this boy, he is already a learned person”. He also gave young Tajuddin Baba some dried fruits and nuts as his blessings for Baba, which is said to put the young boy into an ongoing spiritual trance like state. Baba completed his education and studied Urdu, English, Arabic and Persian.
Reputation as a sage
Baba Tajuddin was once committed to a mental hospital. He widely regarded as a sage and became known outside of the hospital walls. Eventually people visited him. Later Baba Tajuddin was released and he moved to Lal Mahal.
Part of a series on Islam
Sufism and Tariqat
Baba Tajuddin had several successors, his last successor was Hazrat Molana Abdul Kareem who Baba Tajuddin named "Yousuf Shah" and called him his son and. Hazrat Yousuf Shah Baba's body is buried in Mewashah Darga, Karachi, Pakistan. And much before his own passing away, he had named one of his younger deciples, Kunwar Asghar Ali Khan as the next successor (Jaan Nasheen). Kunwar Asghar Ali Khan became known as "Hazrat Albelay Shah Yousufi", and Hazrat Zaheen Shah Baba as the caretaker to Hazrat Yousuf Shah Baba's mausoleum (Sajjada Nasheen).
Currently Sajjada Nasheen of Baba Tajuddin Sarkar is Sayyed Yusuf Iqbal Taji(Tajabad Sharif)
Names and titles
According to author Bhau Kalchuri, Badruddin was born Tajuddin Muhammad Badruddin. Tajuddin.com says his real name is Syed Muhammad Tajuddin and he is also known as Chiragh-uddin (The light of religion). He is also known as Baba Tajuddin of Nagpur, Hazrat Sayyad Mohammad Tajuddin, and Hazrat Syed Mohammed Baba Tajuddin Aulia.
Some other titles that are associated with Baba Tajuddin are:
- Tajul Auliya
- Tajul Millatay Waddeen
- Shahensha-Ay Haftaqleem
- Paighambaray Zahra
Nasab Nama (Family Tree)
- 1. Muhammad
- 2. Ali and Fatima Al Zahra
- 3. Imam Hussain
- 4. Imam Ali Zayn al-Abidin
- 5. Imam Muhammad al Baqir
- 6. Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq
- 7. Imam Musa al Kazim
- 8. Imam Ali al Reza
- 9. Imam Muhammad al Taqi
- 10. Imam Ali al Hadi
- 11. Imam Hasan al Askari
- 12. Sayyid Ali Akbar
- 13. Sayyid Muhammad Mahmud Jаma
- 14. Sayyid Abdullah Taqi Khalwati
- 15. Sayyid Hussain Mohammad Taqi Bullaqi Sahib
- 16. Sayyid Abdullah Shabaan Sahib
- 17. Sayyid Hussain Akbar Qasim Sahib
- 18. Sayyid Hussain Zayn ul Abedin Laqab-be-Mehboob Sahib
- 19. Sayyid Kamal-uddin Abdullah Bukhari
- 20. Sayyid Burhanuddin Shah Sahib
- 21. Amir Sayyid Mir Jalalludin Muhammad Bukhari
- 22. Amir Sayyid Muhammad Abdulloh Bukhari
- 23. Hazrat Khwaja Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari
- 24. Hazrat Sayyid Allow-uddin Shah Sahib (Rehmatullah Allahe)
- 25. Hazrat Sayyid Immad-uddin Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 26. Hazrat Sayyid Kamal-uddin Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 27. Hazrat Sayyid Naseer-uddin Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 28. Hazrat Sayyid Jamal Ahmed Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 29. Hazrat Sayyid Mohe-uddin Siya Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 30. Hazrat Sayyid Abdul Qadir Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 31. Hazrat Sayyid Ali Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 32. Hazrat Sayyid Haider Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 33. Hazrat Sayyid Badr-uddin Shah Sahib (r.a.).
- 34. Hazrat Sayyid Mohammad Baba Taj-uddin Badruddin Aulia (r.a.).
Images of the shrine of Hazrat Tajuddin in Nagpur.
- Kalchuri, Bhau: Meher Prabhu: Lord Meher, Volume One, Manifestation, Inc., 1986, p. 46
- Taji, Zaheen Shah (1956). "4". Tajul Auliya. Karachi: Taj Company. p. 43.
- TajBaba Lineage
- Kalchuri, Bhau: Meher Prabhu: Lord Meher, Volume One, Manifestation, Inc., 1986, p. 47
- Taji, Zaheen Shah (1956). Tajul Auliya (2nd ed.). Karachi: Taj Company. p. 43.
- Tazkare Khwanadane Hazrat Eshan(genealogy of the family of Hazrat Eshan)(by author and investigator:Muhammad Yasin Qasvari Naqshbandi company:Edara Talimat Naqshbandiyya Lahore)p. 63
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tajuddin Baba.|