|Length:||124.2 km (77.2 mi)|
|Existed:||1987 – present|
|From:||Naruto Interchange(Tokushima Prefecture)|
|To:||Kawanoe Interchange/Junction (Ehime Prefecture)|
|Major cities:||Higashikagawa, Sanuki, Takamatsu, Sakaide, Marugame, Zentsuji, Mitoyo, and Kan'onji|
|National highways of Japan
Expressways of Japan
The Takamatsu Expressway (高松自動車道 Takamatsu Jidōsha-dō?) is an expressway running in the northeastern part of the island of Shikoku and entirely in the Kagawa Prefecture. It passes through the municipalities of Higashikagawa, Sanuki, Takamatsu, Sakaide, Marugame, Zentsuji, Mitoyo, and Kan'onji.
The superhighway runs through the northeastern part of the island in Kagawa Prefecture and connects in the eastern part of the prefecture to the Tokushima Expressway, in the western part of the prefecture to the Matsuyama Expressway and the Kochi Expressway.
- December 16, 1987 - Zentsuji Interchange to Kawanoe Junction opened, connecting the expressway with the Matsuyama Expressway
- January 30, 1992 - The Kochi Expressway connects at the Kawanoe Junction
- April 19, 1992 - Takamatsu West Interchange to Zentsuji Interchange, as well as the Sakaide Branch Line to Sakaide Interchange open, connecting the expressway with the Seto Ohashi Bridge to Okayama
- March 26, 1998 - National Highway 11 is connected at Takamatsu East and Tsuda East Interchange to Sanuki Miki Interchange opens
- March 29, 2001 - Itano Interchange to Tsuda East Interchange, along with Miki/Takamatsu Border to Takamatsu Chuo Interchange(currently closest to Takamatsu) open. At the same time, National Highway 11 connects to Sanuki Miki Interchange at Miki
- July 21, 2002 - Naruto Interchage to Itano Interchange opens, connecting Tokushima Expressway to Kobe
- March 30, 2003 - Takamatsu Chuo Interchange to Takamatsu West Interchange opens, connecting all the expressways together. At the same time, Takamatsu East Interchange begins use.
- March 24, 2006 - Mitoyo-Tossaka Interchange begins use.
|Naruto Interchange to Shishi no Satomiki Bus Stop area||Tentative 2-wheel
In the future there are plans such that everything that is 4-wheel except for Itano Interchange to Osaka Tunnel(80 km/h) and Tsuda East Interchange to Takamatsu East Interchange(80 km/h) will become 100 km/h
|Shishi no Satomiki Bus Stop area to Takamatsu West Interchange||4-wheel||80 km/h|
|Takamatsu West Interchange to Kawanoe Junction||4-wheel||100 km/h|
|Sakaide Junction to Sakaide Interchange（Branch）||4-wheel||80 km/h|
East of Takamatsu
- 11 Tsuda East Interchange with National Highway 11
- SA Tsuda's Matsubara Service Area
- 12 Tsuda Samukawa Interchage with Route 37(Miki/Tsuda)
- 13 Shido Interchage with Route 141(Ishida East Shido)
- BS Shido Bus Stop
- 14 Sanuki Miki Interchange with National Highway 11 and Route 38(Miki/Mure) *Towards Naruto Only
- BS Shishi no Satomiki Bus Stop
Takamatsu(Miki Town, Takamatsu Border to Kawanoe Junction)
- 15 Takamatsu East Interchage with National Highway 11 *Towards Kawanoe Only
- 16 Takamatsu Center Interchange with Route 43(Nakatoku/Mitani)
- 17 Takamatsu Danji Interchange with National Highway 11 *Towards Naruto Only
- 1 Takamatsu West Interchange with Route 12(Miki/Kokubunji) *Towards Kawanoe Only
- PA Fuuchuuko Parking Area
- 2 Sakaide Junction with Seto Chuo Expressway and Sakaide Interchange with National Highway 11
- BS Marugame Bus Stop
- 3 Zentsuji Interchange with Route 319 / Zentsuji Bus Stop
- 3-1 Mitoyo Tossaka Interchange with Route 220(Omi/Yoshizu/Nio) *Towards Takamatsu Only
- PA Takase Parking Area
- 4 Sanuki Mitoyo Interchange with National Highway 11
- BS Kanonji Bus Stop
- 5 Onohara Interchange with National Highway 11
- SA Toyohama Service Area
- 6 Kawanoe Junction with Matsuyama Expressway and Kochi Expressway
- Osaka Tunnel(2,032m)
- Torikoe Tunnel(Downhill 920m / Uphill 1,040m)
Scenery, Information, and Trivia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Takamatsu Expressway.|
- From Naruto Interchange until Shishi no Satomiki Bus Stop area is often very congested.
- When entering from Naruto, you pass through the Daidai Kofun Tunnel. When digging this tunnel, they found a "Kofun"(ancient tomb), causing it to have to be modified.
- As you go through the mountains from Itano, after you pass through the longest Osaka Tunnel, you enter Kagawa Prefecture. As you enter Kagawa Prefecture, you become able to see the Inland Sea.
- From Sakaide Junction until Toyohama Service Area is rather flat. After Toyohama, it becomes mountainous again. Once you pass through the mountainous region tunnels, you enter Ehime and Kawanoe Junction.