This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Takara Hōrudingusu kabushiki gaisha|
|Founded||June 1925, 09|
Shimogyō-ku, Kyoto 600-8688,
|Revenue||JPY 225.3 billion (FY 2015) (US$ 1.99 billion) (FY 2015)|
|JPY 7 billion (Y 2015) (US$ 62.4 million) (FY 2015)|
Number of employees
|3,780 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2016)|
|Footnotes / references|
Takara Holdings (宝ホールディングス株式会社, Takara Hōrudingusu kabushiki gaisha, stylized as TaKaRa) is a Japanese company based in Kyoto. The company is mainly involved in the production of beverages, food, printing and medical supplies.
Subsidiaries of Takara Bio Inc. include Takara Bio USA (formerly Clontech Laboratories), a Mountain View, California-based manufacturer of kits, reagents, instruments, and services for biological research, as well as regional subsidiaries in Europe, Korea, China, and India.
Takara Shuzo Co. produces sake, other beverages, and seasonings. This division comprises the original business; the holding company including it was formed in 2001. Takara Shuzo also owns the Tomatin distillery of Highland single malt scotch whisky. Takara Shuzo Co. is the largest distiller of traditional shochu liquor in Japan.
- "Corporate Profile". Takara Holdings. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Takara Bio to Acquire Clontech Unit of BD Biosciences". bionity.com. 5 July 2005. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- Nag, Dilipp S. (30 May 2007). "Invitrogen, Clontech settle patent litigation". Reuters. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Takara Shuzo to set up holding company". Goliath Business News.
- Takada, Aya (4 July 2014). "Farms Fatten Pigs With Stale Bread in Japan to Cut Costs". Bloomberg. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
|This article about a Japanese corporation- or company-related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|