Takashi Kawamura (businessman)
|Chairman at Hitachi|
|9th President of Hitachi|
|Preceded by||Kazuo Furukawa|
|Succeeded by||Hiroaki Nakanishi|
|Born||December 19, 1939|
|Alma mater||University of Tokyo|
Takashi Kawamura (川村隆 Kawamura Takashi?, born December 19, 1939), ComIH is chairman of the board of directors at Hitachi, the Japanese multinational electronics and engineering conglomerate company. He formerly served as president of the company from April 2009 to April 2010.
Kawamura joined Hitachi in 1962. He rose up through the ranks, becoming general manager of Hitachi Works in 1992, executive of the Electric Utility Sales Operations Group in 1995, and managing director of the Power Group in 1997. From 2003 to 2007, he served as Representative Executive Officer of Hitachi Solutions. In 2005, he became chairman of Hitachi Plant Engineering & Construction and Hitachi Maxell.
In 2009, he became president of the company. He served for one year until he was replaced by Hiroaki Nakanishi. He was then made chairman of the board of directors. As chairman, he hired many outside directors, making it the first board in Hitachi's history to have more outside directors than Hitachi insiders.
He has also served as the chairman of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan (2004), chairman of the Communications and Information Network Association of Japan (2010), and vice chairman of the Japan Business Federation (2010).
- "Board of Directors - Global Company Corporate Profile : Hitachi in Middle East and North Africa". Hitachi.ae. 2013-06-21. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Takashi Kawamura: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Takashi Kawamura, Hitachi's new President - News Oneindia". News.oneindia.in. 2009-03-16. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- Alpeyev, Pavel (2009-03-16). "Hitachi Names New President, Plans to Separate Units, Cut Costs". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Takashi Kawamura for Hitachi (HIT)". Wikinvest.com. 2009-04-24. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Takashi Kawamura". Forbes. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Hitachi seeks diversity among directors to break 'group think' patterns". The Japan Daily Press. 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Hitachi Ltd (6501.T) People". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Mr. Takashi Kawamura (Hitachi) Advisors www.newsgd.com". Newsgd.com. 2011-11-10. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Cidadãos Estrangeiros Agraciados com Ordens Portuguesas". Página Oficial das Ordens Honoríficas Portuguesas. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
||Chairman of Hitachi
|President of Hitachi