Tachibana graduated from the University of Tokyo, majoring in French literature. At one point he served in the magazine Bungeishunjū, however he only worked there for two years, quitting after being assigned to write articles about professional baseball. He returned to school at Tokyo University, during which time he wrote numerous nonfiction articles for the magazine Shokun!. Among the articles were ones on topics such as the Scientific Revolution, space travel, and crude oil.
- Tanaka Kakuei Kenkyu (田中角栄研究 A Study of Kakuei Tanaka): 1974
- Lockheed Saiban to Sono Jidai (ロッキード裁判とその時代 Lockheed bribery scandals in 1970s and 1980s): 1981 to 1985
- Nihon Kyōsantō no Kenkyū (日本共産党の研究 A Study of the Japan Communist Party): 1978
- Nou wo Kiwameru (脳を究める The Advanced Research of Neuro-Brain functions): 1996
- Iraku Sensou・Nihon no Unmei・Koizumi no Unmei (イラク戦争・日本の運命・小泉の運命 The Iraq War, Japan's Destiny and the Fate of Junichiro Koizumi): 2004
- Tennou to Toudai, Dai Nippon Teikoku no sei to shi (天皇と東大 大日本帝国の生と死 The Emperor and the University of Tokyo, the end of the Empire of Japan in 1945)