Special forces of Iran
The name can be referred to members of regular units who have successfully ended Commando or Ranger training courses and Marines trained as S.B.S.; or the hand-selected and highly trained members serving in special forces.
In the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution, one of 5 branches, elite Quds Force specializes in extraterritorial operations. In the Ground Forces, Saberin Battalion is the most famous special unit. Revolutionary Guards Navy has its own Special Units of marines.
- 23rd Takavar Division based in Parandak
- 58th Takavar Division (Zolfaghar Division) based in Shahroud
- 25th Takavar Brigade based in Pasveh
- 35th Takavar Brigade based in Kermanshah
- 45th Takavar Brigade based in Shushtar
- 55th Airborne Brigade (HAVABORD Brigade) based in Shiraz
- 65th Airborne Brigade (NOHED Brigade) based in Tehran
- 1st Marine Brigade (Imam Hossein Brigade) based in Bandar Abbas
- 2nd Marine Brigade (Hazrat Rasul-i-Akram Brigade) based in Bushehr
- 3rd Marine Brigade (Hamza Sayyid-ush-Shuhda Brigade) based in Konarak
During the reign of Shah. much of the naval training was created by members of the Spetznas and Special Boat Service. Training is at least a 12-month process. After the recruit demonstrated the minimum physical requirements, he is sent to a collection of schools.
- "آشنايي مركز تفنگداران دريايي منجيل". Islamic Republic of Iran Army. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Qods (Jerusalem) Force". Federation of American Scientists Intelligence Resource Program. August 21, 1998. Archived from the original on 18 February 1999.
- "يگان ويژه "صابرين" چيست و چگونه مي توان عضو آن شد؟". Mashregh News. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "همکاري نوهد ارتش و صابرين سپاه". Mashregh News. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "همايش تفنگداران و تکاوران دريايي سپاه آغاز شد". Fars News Agency. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Takavaran, Naval Commandos". Special Operations. Com. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "گزارشي از مرکز آموزش تکاوران کلاه سبز/نيروي دريايي ارتش چگونه کلاه سبز تربيت مي کند+عکس". Mashregh News. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Hossein Bastani (24 June 2014), Myth and Reality About NOPO Operations in Iran (in Persian), BBC, retrieved 28 September 2015