Islamic Republic of Iran Army (Persian: ارتش جمهوری اسلامی ایران; Artesh) acronymed AJA (Persian: آجا), is the "conventional military of Iran" and part of Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran. The army is tasked to protect the integrity of Iranian state from external and internal threats and to project power and has four separate forces: Ground Force, Air Force, Navy and Air Defense Force.
Islamic Republic of Iran Army Day
The Iranian Government makes a show of military force on Iran Army Day with parades every 18 April, often demonstrating new defense technologies.
The former Supreme leader of Iran, Ruhollah Khomeini named 18 April as Army Day, calling for military parades to exhibit the nation's military preparedness. The Iranian military honors the country's National Army Day by annual military parading in many cities of Iran every 18th day of April. The biggest march is held in front of the mausoleum of Ruhollah Khomeini.
- ^ a b c Simon, Rita J.; Abdel-Moneim, Mohamed Alaa (2011), A Handbook of Military Conscription and Composition the World Over, Lexington Books, pp. 152–153, ISBN 0739167529
- ^ Iran's Annual Army Day Parades, IrDiplomacy.ir; accessed 29 November 2015.
- ^ "Deputy top commander: Iran standing against threats powerfully", United Press International; accessed 29 November 2015.
- ^ "'We are not after war, we are after logic': Iran's president Rouhani reaches out to the West as army displays show of strength", Daily Mail Online; accessed 19 November 2015.
- ^ Islamic Republic of Iran Army Day Islamic Revolution Document Center