|Occupation||CGI director, video game developer|
|Known for||Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2|
Takayoshi Sato (Japanese: 佐藤隆善, Hepburn: Satō Takayoshi) is a Japanese video game character designer, writer and CGI director. He is widely known as a member of Team Silent. He created Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2.
Sato was born in Tokyo, Japan. In 1972 Sato studied Art in the Tama Art University of Tokyo. In 1996 he got his bachelor's degree in oil painting. In 2011 he got the Advanced Character Animation degree. Since February 2012 he works for Nintendo as a visual producer.
When Sato started working on what he termed as serious games, he said, "I feel that games are being standardized into only a few formats lately: FPS, RTS, MMO, 3rd Person Action and Sports. There's a tendency to create the same games over and over with only a visual upgrade. And the only thing artists are supposed to do is "be professional" and gift wrap the same game elements with a pretty new skin."
|Video game||Release date||Role|
|Silent Hill||1999||CGI director, Character Designer|
|Silent Hill 2||2001||CGI director, Character Designer|
|GoldenEye: Rogue Agent||2004||Art Director|
|Moonbase Alpha||2010||Art Director|
|Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move||2013||Visual Producer|
|Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars||2015||Visual Producer|
|Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash||2016||Visual Producer|
|Paper Mario: Color Splash||2016||Visual Producer, Art Director|
|Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers||2018||Visual Producer, Art Director|
- "Tale of Tales working with Silent Hill artist". bit-tech. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- IGN Staff (17 August 2001). "Interview with Silent Hill 2's Artist Takayoshi Sato". IGN. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Silent Hill 15th Anniversary Retrospective". GameSpot. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Gamasutra - Silence Is Golden: Takayoshi Sato's Occidental Journey". gamasutra.com. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Maggie Greene. "Takayoshi Sato on Silent Hill, Serious Games, and Art". Kotaku. Gawker Media. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- kevingifford. "Silent Hill creator discusses how he joined the game biz and why AAA horror is 'difficult' to fund". Polygon. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|