Take Me Higher (song)
|"Take Me Higher"|
|Single by Diana Ross|
|from the album Take Me Higher|
|Released||August 5, 1995 (US)|
|Producer(s)||Narada Michael Walden For Perfection Light Productions|
|Diana Ross singles chronology|
"Take Me Higher" is a 1995 single by Diana Ross. The single is the title track of Diana Ross' nineteenth studio album of her career and was released on the Motown label. "Take Me Higher was written by Sally Jo Dakota, Nikita Germaine, and Narada Michael Walden. The single was also produced by Walden and was Diana Ross' fifth number one on the US dance chart. "Take Me Higher" also went to #77 on the soul singles chart. Overseas, the single went to #32 in the UK.
Cash Box wrote about the song: "The number one soul diva is back with a dance track that is certain to please her considerable audience across the board. Lady Ross is in fine form with a confident vocal delivery, while her music backdrop is a throwback to the glory days of disco. This record is a winner, and represents a comeback for the superdiva."
The Gavin Report wrote: "When things are rough and times are tough, what should you do? Dance of course. Ms. Ross is back with a dance tune, written and produced by Narada Michael Walden, that somehow kicks up a happy feeling of nostalgia along with keeping a contemporary feel that brings a smile to your feet. Vogue if you want to but dance you will. Go girl."
Music & Media wrote: "Seated on a Harley like Whitney in her early days, La Ross shifts to a higher gear, the pop dance speed. With potent remixes even trained clubbers will have problems keeping up with her."
The single's music video featured scenes of Ross in a cocktail dress on stage, while dancers execute a choreography and the band plays the song, intercut with footage of Ross on the beach. The video was uploaded 20 November 2009 on her Vevo Channel. Until now it has more than 1 million visits.
|Europe (Eurochart Hot 100)||61|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||35|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||32|
|UK Dance (Official Charts Company)||4|
|US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100||14|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||1|
|US Billboard Hot R&B Singles||77|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 222.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 502.
- "Pop Singles: Reviews" (PDF). Cash Box (1995-09-23, page 7). Retrieved 2018-02-19.
- McCoy, Quincy (1995-09-01). "Gavin Picks > Singles" (PDF). Gavin Report. No. 2070. p. 54. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "New Releases: Singles" (PDF). Music & Media (1995-09-09, page 6). Retrieved 2018-02-27.
- DianaRossVEVO Take Me Higher
- "Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. 1995-09-09. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Official UK Dance Singles Chart (03 September 1995-09 September 1995)". officialcharts.com. Retrieved 2018-02-09.