Take a Chance on Me (JLS song)
|"Take a Chance on Me"|
|Single by JLS|
|from the album Jukebox|
|Released||4 November 2011|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Songwriter(s)||Emile Ghantous, Frankie Bautista, Nasri Atweh, Nick Turpin|
|Producer(s)||Emile Ghantous, Nasri|
|JLS singles chronology|
"Take a Chance on Me" is a song by English boy band JLS from their third studio album, Jukebox. It was released as the album's second single on 4 November 2011. The ballad was written by Emile Ghantous, Frankie Bautista, Nasri Atweh and Nick Turpin, and it was produced by Nasri Atweh and Emile Ghantous. The song debuted at number two on the UK Singles Chart, selling 67,850 copies in its first week.
Critics praised the song. Caroline Sullivan of The Guardian called it "a wet, Bruno Mars-apeing ballad saved by pretty nifty harmonies." Entertainment website 4Music described the song as "the perfect October ballad". Digital Spy's Lewis Corner gave the song three out of five stars, comparing the song to Bing Crosby recording of "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and calling it a "customary boyband composition of feather-light beats and smooth piano".
In Ireland, the song debuted at number thirteen on the chart dated 10 November 2011. In the UK, although the song reached number one on the mid-week chart update, the song debuted at number 2, behind the sixth week sales of Rihanna's "We Found Love".
A lyric video for "Take a Chance on Me" premiered on YouTube on 24 September 2011, four days after the song first premiered on radio stations across the United Kingdom. A music video was released making basically a tour of London sights at night, path walk of the River Thames, the Tower Bridge and the London Eye illuminated.
- Digital download
- "Take a Chance on Me" - 3:36
- "Take a Chance on Me" (Soul Seekerz Club Mix) - 7:17
- "Take a Chance on Me" (The Wideboys Club Mix) - 5:41
- "Unstoppable" - 4:21
- CD single
- "Take a Chance on Me" - 3:40
- "Unstoppable" - 4:21
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||2|
|Ireland||4 November 2011||Digital download|
|United Kingdom||6 November 2011|
|7 November 2011||CD single|
- "ACE Title Search - TAKE A CHANCE ON ME". ASCAP. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Jones, Alan (14 November 2011). "Music Week - Music Week - Music business magazine - UK Singles Chart Analysis: Rihanna track sells another 80k". musicweek.com. Missing or empty
- Sullivan, Caroline (10 November 2011). "JLS: Jukebox – review | Music". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "JLS - Take a Chance on Me". 4Music. 21 October 2011. Archived from the original on 12 November 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Corner, Lewis (25 October 2011). "JLS: 'Take A Chance On Me' - Single review - Music Singles Review - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Chart Track: Week 45, 2011". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Rihanna keeps JLS off number 1". Official Charts Company. 13 November 2011.
- Robertson, Colin (5 September 2011). "Seven stars back in X Factor finals". The Sun. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Take a Chance On Me - EP by JLS". iTunes.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "JLS Confirm New Single 'Take A Chance On Me' - Capital FM". Capital FM. Retrieved 11 November 2011.