Take a Look Around (song)
|"Take a Look Around"|
|Single by Limp Bizkit|
|from the album Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water
Mission: Impossible II
|Released||July 31, 2000|
|Genre||Nu metal, rap metal|
|Writer(s)||Fred Durst, Lalo Schifrin|
|Producer(s)||Fred Durst, DJ Lethal|
|Limp Bizkit singles chronology|
"Take a Look Around" is a song by the American nu metal band Limp Bizkit. It is the tenth track on their third album Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water and was released as the lead single from the album in July 2000.
The main riff of the song is derived from the original Mission: Impossible theme composed by Lalo Schifrin. and appears on the soundtrack to the 2000 film Mission: Impossible II. An instrumental version of "Take a Look Around" was released as a promo and later included as a B-Side on some versions of the "Rollin'" single.
UK CD 1
- Take a Look Around
- Faith (George Michael cover)
- Break Stuff
UK CD 2
- Take a Look Around
- N2 Gether Now (Live)
- Nookie (Live)
- N2 Gether Now (Video)
The video for the song features the band working undercover at a coffee shop in order to retrieve a disc from a group of secret agents. But just as they are about to succeed, they are ordered to abort the mission, as the secret agents turn out to be decoys. The boys are soon kicked out, and the phone that Fred Durst uses at the beginning blows up right at the end. There are also scenes of the band performing in front of the coffee shop as well as brief shots from Mission: Impossible II. At the beginning of the video, the song "Break Stuff" can be heard in the car that the band arrives in.
The video was rarely shown in the States. Fred Durst has stated that he dislikes the video - despite the fact that he directed it - and the band decided to release the video only in various markets outside the U.S., particularly Europe. It is not available on either the DVD of Mission Impossible 2, or the band's DVD compilation Greatest Videoz.
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||4|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||10|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)||10|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||2|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||4|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||7|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||29|
|Polish Singles Chart||21|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||7|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||3|
|U.S. Billboard Alternative Songs||8|
|U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100||15|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||15|
- "Limp Bizkit - Take a Look Around (Instrumental)". Discogs. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Limp Bizkit - Rollin' (CD)". Discogs. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Take a Look Around, Pt. 1 UK CD". AllMusic. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Limp Bizkit - Take a Look Around (Theme from M:I 2)". Discogs. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Australian-charts.com – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around" (in French). Ultratop 50.
- "Limp Bizkit: Take a Look Around" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Lescharts.com – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Musicline.de – Limp Bizkit Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- Search for Irish peaks
- "Italiancharts.com – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around". Top Digital Download.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around". Top 40 Singles.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around". VG-lista.
- "Polish Singles Chart |".
- "Spanishcharts.com – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around" Canciones Top 50.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around". Singles Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around". Swiss Singles Chart.
- on YouTube