|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Takeo keirinjou entrance
Location of Takeo in Saga Prefecture
|• Mayor||Tadashi Komatu|
|• Total||195.44 km2 (75.46 sq mi)|
|Population (October 1, 2016)|
|• Density||250/km2 (650/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Cinnamomum camphora|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||1-1 Ōaza Shōwa, Takeo-chō, Takeo-shi, Saga-ken
|Website||Takeo City on Facebook|
Takeo is located in the western part of Saga Prefecture. It is approximately 28 kilometers (17 mi) west of Saga City and approximately 30 kilometers (19 mi) east of Sasebo. Takeo has a complex topography including mountains, mountain basins and riverside plains.
- Mountains: Mt. Mifune (210 m), Mt. Hachiman (764 m), Mt. Bi (518 m), Mt. Jinroku (447 m)
- Rivers: Rokkaku River, Shiomi River, Yamanaka River
- 1889-04-01 - The modern municipal system was established. The current city region is occupied by 1 town (Takeo) and 11 villages (Asahi, Hashishita, Higashikawanobori, Kitagata, Kitsu, Nakato, Nishikawanobori, Sumiyoshi, Takeo, Takeuchi and Wakaki).
- 1900-06-07 - Takeo Village was incorporated into Takeo Town.
- 1944-04-29 - Kitamura Village became Kitamura Town.
- 1954-04-01 - Takeo Town absorbed the villages of Asahi, Hashishita, Higashikawanobori, Nishikawanobori, Takeuchi and Wakagi to create Takeo City. The villages of Sumiyoshi and Nakato were merged to create Yamauchi Village.
- 1956-04-01 - Hashishita Village was split and was incorporated into Kitagata and Shiroishi (respectively).
- 1960-09-01 - Yamauchi Village became Yamauchi Town.
- 2006-03-01 - The towns of Kitagata and Yamauchi were incorporated into Takeo City.
- Saga Prefectural Takeo High School
Junior high schools
- Takeo Junior High School
- Takeo Kita Junior High School
- Kawanobori Junior High School
- Kitagata Junior High School
- Yamauchi Junior High School
- Seiryo Junior High School
- Takeo Elementary School
- Mifunegaoka Elementary School
- Asahi Elementary School
- Tachibana Elementary School
- Wakaki Elementary School
- Takeuchi Elementary School
- Higashikawanobori Elementary School
- Nishikawanobori Elementary School
- Kitagata Elementary School
- Yamauchi Higashi Elementary School
- Yamauchi Nishi Elementary School
- JR Kyushu
The main station is Takeo-Onsen.
- National highways:
- Main prefectural roads:
Notable places and festivals
- Takeo Onsen
- Takeo Jinja
- Takeo Keirin Track
- Saga Prefectural Space and Science Museum
- Mifunegaoka Plum Grove
- Kitagata Shiki no Oka Park
- Chūō Park
- Mt. Kurokami, Fūfu Rock
- Kurokami no Roman festival
- Rick Martin Japanese City Website Gets a Facelift, Shifts to Facebook August 4, 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Takeo, Saga.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Takeo.|