Takeover Roc Nation
|Takeover Roc Nation (Unltd.)|
|Parent company||Takeover Entertainment Ltd
Roc Nation, LLC
|Distributor(s)||Universal Music Distribution|
|Location||Norwich (UK & E.U. HQ)
New York City (US HQ)
Takeover Roc Nation is an American and British entertainment company, which acts as a co-owned subsidiary of Takeover Entertainment and Roc Nation. It was founded in June 2010 by American rapper and entrepreneur Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter and English rapper and entrepreneur Kwasi “Tinchy Stryder” Danquah III of the company, Takeover Entertainment Limited.
In June 2010, Carter and Roc Nation signed a joint venture deal with Danquah’s company, Takeover Entertainment Limited, to create a European record label and entertainment company. The independent record label was named Takeover Roc Nation. It handles management, merchandise, records and live bookings for its recording artists. The company publishes music through Takeover/Cloud 9 and distributes record releases through Sony Music Entertainment and partners with Live Nation, StarRoc/Stargate and Three Six Zero Group for all other aspects of the business.
Takeover Roc Nation is currently headquartered at Danquah’s Takeover Entertainment recording studio, in Norwich and London, UK with satellite offices at Carter's recording studio in Los Angeles, and Roc the Mic, in Manhattan, New York City, United States.
- "Jay-Z and Tinchy Stryder team up on Takeover Roc Nation". BBC News. 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- Kaufman, Gil (2008-09-23). "Jay-Z Quietly Launches StarRoc Label With Norwegian Production Duo Stargate". MTV. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- Cardew, Ben (2011-01-18). "Three Six Zero signs Roc Nation deal". Music Week. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- Hobbs, Linda (2010-06-14). "Jay-Z links up with Tinchy Stryder". Music Week. Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- "Tinchy Stryder Signs Deal With Jay-Z". MTV. 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- Paine, Andre (2010-06-09). "Jay-Z, Tinchy Stryder Launch Takeover Roc Nation". Billboard. (Reuters). Retrieved 2011-09-16.