Counties of Qazvin Province
Location of Qazvin Province in Iran
|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District, Esfarvarin District, Khorramdasht District, Ziaabad District|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
|Takestan County at GEOnet Names Server|
Takestan County (Persian: شهرستان تاکستان Šahrestân-e Tâkestân) is a county in Qazvin Province in Iran. The capital of the county is Takestan. At the 2006 census, the county's population was 171,520, in 42,969 families. The county has four districts: Esfarvarin District, Khorramdasht District, Ziaabad District, and the Central District. The county has five cities: Takestan, Esfarvarin, Khorramdasht, Narjeh, and Ziaabad. Most people of Takestan County are Tat and they speak Tati.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- The Tati dialects in the Sociolinguistic Context of Northwestern Iran and Transcaucasia, Stilo, D. 1981: In: Iranian Studies 14.3/4, 137-187.
- A Grammar of Southern Tati Dialects, Ehsan Yar-Shater, 1969.
- Tats of Iran and Caucasus, Ali Abdoli, 2010.
- اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران [Atlas Gitashenasi Ostanhai Iran] (Gitashenasi Province Atlas of Iran)
|This Takestan County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|