This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Taketa in Ōita Prefecture
|• Mayor||Katsuji Syuto (since April 2009)|
|• Total||477.59 km2 (184.40 sq mi)|
|Population (March 31, 2017)|
|• Density||47/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Maple Leaf|
|• Flower||Miyama Kirishima|
|• Bird||Cettia diphone|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
|City hall address||
Oji-Aiai 1650, Taketa City, Oita Prefecture (大分県竹田市大字会々1650番地)|
Taketa (竹田市 Taketa-shi) is a city located in Ōita Prefecture, Japan. The city was founded on March 31, 1954. On April 1, 2005, the towns of Kujū, Naoiri and Ogi (all from Naoiri District) were also merged into Taketa.
Oka Castle is a famous local historic site.
Notable people from Taketa
- Iwao Akiyama, former woodblock printmaker
- Korechika Anami, former general in the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II
- Kenji Anan, stage and film actor
- Takeo Hirose, former career officer in the Imperial Japanese Navy
- Otoya Kawano, voice actor
- "Official website of Taketa city" (in Japanese). Japan: Taketa City. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
|This Ōita Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|