Taki Road station
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|• Municipality Chairman||Somnath Mukhopadhaya|
|Elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Basirhat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Basirhat Dakshin|
Culture and education
There are a Library (Taki District Library) and a college named Taki Government College situated in Taki town. Few renowned schools, Taki Government High School, Taki S. L. Girls High School and Taki Bhabanath High School are there. among the oldest and of this town. Ramakrishna Mission also established a branch with School and hostel facilities in Taki.
Taki is known for its sweets called "Chhanar Malpoa". Other than local Kali Puja, Durga Puja etc. this place became a tourist picnic spot beside the Ichamati river due to the international border between India and Bangladesh.
As of 2001[update] India census, Taki had a population of 37,302. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Taki has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 61%. In Taki, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
View from Taki Guest House. The shores of Bangladesh is visible on the other side of Ichamati River
- Official District Administration site
- District-wise list of statutory towns
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Taki
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taki.|
|Bijoya Dashami 2011 on the Ichhamati at Taki|