Taki Road Railway Station
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Body||Taki Municipality|
|• Municipality Chairman||Somnath Mukhopadhaya|
|Elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|STD Code - 03217||Pin Code- 743429|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Basirhat Dakshin|
As per the 2011 Census of India, Taki had a total population of 38,263, of which 19,562 (51%) were males and 18,701 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 3,419. The total number of literates in Taki was 28,939 (83.05% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Taki had a population of 37,302. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Taki has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 61%. In Taki, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Culture and education
There are a Library (Taki District Library) and a college named Taki Government College situated in Taki town. Taki Government High School, is the oldest and of this area. Other renowned schools like Taki S. L. Girls High School and Taki Bhabanath High School are there. Ramakrishna Mission also established a branch with Taki Ramakrishna Mission High School and hostel facilities in Taki.
Taki is known for its sweets called "Chhanar Malpoa". Other than local Kali Puja, Durga Puja, etc. this place became a tourist picnic spot beside the Ichamati river due to the international border between India and Bangladesh.
Taki Government College was established in 1950. Affiliated to the West Bengal State University, it offers honours courses in Bengali, English, Sanskrit, history, philosophy, political science, economics, geography, mathematics, chemistry, physics, botany and zoology, and a post-graduate course in Bengali.
Taki Rural Hospital at Taki with 50 beds functions as the main medical facility in Hasnabad CD Block. There are primary health centres at Bhurkundu (Bhawanipur PHC with10 beds), Bhebia (Ghola PHC with 6 beds) and Bara Bankra (Barunhat PHC with 10).
View from Taki Guest House. The shores of Bangladesh is visible on the other side of Ichamati River
- Official District Administration site Archived 2007-01-15 at the Wayback Machine
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Taki
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Taki Government College". College Admission. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "33311 Barasat-Hasnabad local". Time Table. India Railinfo. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Hasnabad CD Block, Page 671. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taki.|
|Bijoya Dashami 2011 on the Ichhamati at Taki|