This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ninetone Records (2006–2008)|
Roadrunner Records (2009 -present) (International)
Takida is an alternative rock band from Ånge, Sweden, formed in 1999. The band's name "Takida" comes from the character Gohei Takeda in the Japanese anime series Nagareboshi Gin. Takedas name was mispronounced as "Takida" in the Swedish voiceover of the anime series.
In 2000 they recorded their first demo, "Old", and in 2005 they were signed up by Swedish indie-label Ninetone Records. They released their first single, "Losing", in January 2006 and in April 2006 their first album ...Make You Breathe was released. Their second album, Bury the Lies, was released in May 2007. The same year the single Curly Sue topped radio channel P3s "Tracks" list for ten consecutive weeks. Handlake village and The Things We Owe also got to number 1 on the Tracks chart.
After the success of Bury The Lies Takida received a number of offers from large labels but decided to turn them down and record their follow up album The Darker Instinct on their own label Takida AB. The album is slated to be released on September 2, 2009.
During the fall of 2009 Takida supported Theory of a Dead Man for their four German shows and were the supporting act for The Butterfly Effect when they toured Germany during the winter of 2009. During this period they had their first headlining tour in Sweden.
On 28 September 2012 they released a new single, "Swallow (Until You're Gone)", the first single of their greatest hits album "A Lesson Learned - The Best Of" the album was released in late 2012.
On January 7, 2014 the first single from their upcoming album All Turns Red was released. The song's name is One Lie, the new album is scheduled for release in March.
- Current members
- Robert Petterson - vocals
- Tomas Wallin - guitars
- Mattias Larsson - guitars
- Kristoffer Söderström - drums
- Chris Rehn - bass, keyboards, cello, violin
- Former members
- Roger Olsson - guitars
- Niklas Källström - drums
- Fredrik Holm - drums
- Fredrik Pålsson - bass
- Studio albums
- ...Make You Breathe (2006)
- Bury the Lies (2007)
- The Darker Instinct (2009)
- The Burning Heart (2011)
- A Lesson Learned - The Best Of (2012)
- All Turns Red (2014)
- A Perfect World (2016)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-12-29. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- http://www.sr.se/p3/topplistor/tracks/?getListW=40&getListY=2009&showyear=2009&listID=1[permanent dead link]
- "Takida ger ut nya skivan på eget bolag". Dagbladet. 2009-06-12. Archived from the original on 2009-06-25. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Takida.|