Takurō Mochizuki (望月 拓郎, born 28 August 1972) is a Japanese mathematician at Kyoto University.
As a student at the University of Kyoto in 1994, Mochizuki left his undergraduate studies early to become a graduate student in mathematics at the same university. He completed his Ph.D. in 1999, and joined the faculty of Osaka City University, returning to Kyoto in 2004.
- Professor Emeritus Masahiro Shogaito and Associate Professor Takuro Mochizuki of the Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences Receive the Japan Academy Prize, Kyoto University, April 12, 2011, retrieved 2015-08-01.
- Japan Academy Prize to: Takuro Mochizuki (PDF), Japan Academy, retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Schedule of Plenary Lectures", Seoul ICM 2014, archived from the original on 2015-07-16, retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Winners of the 2022 Breakthrough Prizes in life sciences, fundamental physics and mathematics announced". Retrieved 9 September 2020.
- Sabbah, Claude (January 2012), "Théorie de Hodge et correspondance de Hitchin-Kobayashi sauvages (d'après T. Mochizuki)" (PDF), Séminaire Bourbaki (in French), 1050: 1–36, MR 3087348. Also in Astérisque No. 352 (2013), Exp. No. 1050, viii, 205–241, ISBN 978-2-85629-371-3.