Аэропорт Архангельск (Тала́ги) имени Ф.А. Абрамова
|Owner||Federal Agency for State Property Management (51%)|
|Operator||JSC "Arkhangelsk Airport"|
|Elevation AMSL||62 ft / 19 m|
Sources: Russian Federal Air Transport Agency (see also provisional 2018 statistics)
Talagi Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Архангельск (Тала́ги) имени Ф.А. Абрамова) (IATA: ARH, ICAO: ULAA) is an international airport serving Arkhangelsk, Russia, located 11 kilometers outside the city. In 2001 it had 105,797 passengers and 921 tonnes of cargo. The airport was founded on February 5, 1963. It had an operational peak in 1990 with 952,457 passengers.
Talagi Airport was originally built in the summer of 1942 under the supervision of the State Defense Committee representative Ivan Papanin as a military base with a gravel runway.
The Soviet Air Defence Forces (PVO) had a presence at this airfield with 518th Fighter Aviation Regiment (518-й Берлинский ордена Суворова III степени истребительный авиационный полк (Military Unit Number 42192), 518 IAP) flying Tupolev Tu-128 from 1966 onward. It received MiG-31 aircraft during the 1980s. The controlling formation was the 23rd Air Defence Corps, then redesignated the 22nd Air Defence Corps in 1993, then 22nd AD Division from 1994, all under 10th Air Defence Army until 1994, and then 6th Air Defence Army. The regiment was disbanded in 1998.
Airlines and destinations
|Azur Air||Seasonal charter: Antalya, Dubai–Al Maktoum, Enfidha|
|Nordwind Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya, Monastir|
|RusLine||Naryan-Mar, Syktyvkar, Yekaterinburg|
|Severstal Air Company||Murmansk, Petrozavodsk|
|Smartavia|| Moscow–Domodedovo, Naryan-Mar, Saint Petersburg|
Seasonal: Anapa, Kaliningrad, Simferopol, Sochi
|Ural Airlines||Kaliningrad |
- "Openinfo". mvpt.rosim.ru. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Объемы перевозок через аэропорты России" [Transportation volumes at Russian airports]. www.favt.ru (in Russian). Federal Air Transport Agency. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Овсянкин Е. И. Имена Архангельских улиц
- Mason, R. A. (1986). Aircraft, Strategy and Operations of the Soviet Air Force. Jane's Publishing Company Limited. ISBN 0-7106-0373-8.
- "Aviatsiya PVO". Aviabaza KPOI.
- "TUI Flight Program". agent.tui.ru.
- Liu, Jim (6 August 2019). "Azur Air expands Dubai network in W19". Routesonline.
- "Flight Search". pegasys.pegast.ru.
- "Кольцово запускает рейсы в Архангельск и Саранск". veved.ru (in Russian). Вечерние Ведомости. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "New direction Arkhangelsk - Syktyvkar". Airline "RusLine". Retrieved 27 January 2020.
- Liu, Jim. "Ural Airlines plans to expand Kaliningrad service in S20". Routesonline. Retrieved 10 April 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Talagi Airport.|
- Talagi Airport official site
- Article on the airport
- Airport information for ULAA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for ULAA at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for ULAA at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for ARH at Aviation Safety Network
|This Russian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|