|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2013)|
|Founded||San Jose, California, United States (2007)|
|Headquarters||1 Almaden Boulevard
San Jose, CA
Chairman & CEO
President & COO, Co-founder
|Products||Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN)|
Talari Networks is a San Jose, California-based networking equipment company. The company develops a line of rack mountable appliances designed to help businesses connect and manage multiple WAN connections. The products act as both load balancing and redundancy controllers, allowing aggregation of private, high- and low-cost Internet connections to improve bandwidth, while monitoring the status of the links to maintain optimal network and application performance.
Talari Networks was founded in 2007 by Andy Gottlieb and John Dickey, former colleagues at Applied Micro. Gottlieb became the company’s first CEO, and Dickey became Vice President of Engineering. The company launched its initial beta product in early 2008. In 2011, Emerick Woods was named the company’s CEO.
The company’s main products are the Adaptive Private Networking (APN) appliances. The rack-mountable devices allow companies to combine multiple WAN connections, such as private MPLS service, with lower cost public Internet links using DSL, cable, and wireless services.
The devices identify link failures and network impairments such as high jitter, delay and packet loss, and reroute traffic accordingly. Coordinating multiple bandwidth sources adds network redundancy and improves application performance.
There are five different core models, supporting bandwidth from 28 Mbit/s to 6 Gbit/s, and designed for environments ranging from small branch offices to data centers and corporate headquarters.
The devices can be managed locally or remotely using the company's APN software. An off-board Network Management System (NMS) and a local management tool are also available.
Talari's line of networking technology has been awarded 14 patents.
Patents #8,125,907 on February 28, 2012, #8,274,891 on September 25, 2012, and #8,644,164 on February 4, 2014 are entitled "Flow-based adaptive private network with multiple WAN-paths." These patents describe a) systems using bandwidth allocation among a plurality of paths by quantifying performance and allocating bandwidth by path accordingly, and b) the methods and automation involved in conducting such systems.
Patents #8,452,846 on May 31, 2013, and #8,775,547 on July 8, 2014 are entitled "Adaptive private network asynchronous distributed shared memory services." These patents describe how a highly predictable network can be achieved using public and private IP networks.
Awards and recognition
Talari’s APN 3.0 operating software was named Best of Interop 2013 in the Performance Optimization and Testing category. The APN T750 Appliance was named Best of Interop 2011 in the Performance Optimization category. The family of APN Appliances was named Techworld’s 2012 Networking Application Product of the Year. APN Appliances were also named Internet Telephony’s 2010 Product of the Year.
In August 2013, Talari Networks was named a top Emerging Vendor in the Networking and VoIP category by CRN Magazine. Talari Networks was again included in CRN Magazine's Data Center 100 as one of the top 20 infrastructure providers in 2014. In March 2014, Talari was also the winner of the 2014 Network Project of the Year from Network Computing.
- "Talari looks to expand WAN bandwidth options". Network World. 2008-07-07. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Menlo Ventures Portfolio - Menlo Ventures". MenloVentures.com. 2013-09-16. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Talari CEO promises maniacal focus on customers, channels". CRN.com. 2011-09-06. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Talari Product Page". Talari.com. 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Justia Patent Search: Talari Networks". justia.com. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "United States Patents 8125907, 8274891, 8644164". uspto.gov. 2014-07-08. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "United States Patent 8452846". uspto.gov. 2013-05-31. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "United States Patent 8775547". uspto.gov. 2013-05-31. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "2013 Best of Interop". UBM Tech. 2013-05-06. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Interop's Best Of The Best, Network Concerns". networkcomputing.com. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "2012 Techworld Award Winners". Techworld.com. 2012-09-18. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Business Class WAN helps Talari Networks Wins Product of the Year". Zycko.com. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Talari Networks Named Emerging Vendor of 2013". CRN.com. 2013-08-16. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "2014 Data Center 100: 20 Infrastructure Providers". CRN.com. 2014-02-10. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Network Project Of The Year 2014". NetworkComputing.com. 2014-03-01. Retrieved 2014-06-20.