The Village Shop, and The Talaton Inn
Talaton is a village and a civil parish in the English county of Devon. It lies approximately 6 miles to the west of Honiton, 3 miles to the north of Ottery St Mary, 2 miles to the west of Feniton and 2 miles to the east of Whimple. The parish of Talaton covers an area of 965 hectares (2,384 acres). Its total population was estimated to be 590 in 2012 
The village has a public house, the Talaton Inn; a manor house, Talaton House; a church, St James the Great, and a village hall. There are a number of listed buildings within the village and a number of thatched cottages. There is also a shop within the village which is a community enterprise and has won a Prince of Wales award recognising its contribution to the community.
On Spring Bank Holiday weekend the village has an open gardens weekend raising funds for the church.
On the first weekend in June there is a village day which is effectively the village fayre. The village day starts with the Talaton Trotter, a 6.5 mile cross country race.
- Escot Park - The grounds of Escot House are generally open to the public and offer a range of activities.
- Talaton Inn - A range of events are often scheduled at the Talaton Inn
- Talaton Escot Circular Walk - Well maintained tracks and paths
- Church of St James the Great, Talaton
- East Devon Parishes - Population Density - Retrieved December 23, 2012
- Escot - The natural place for a great day out in Devon - Retrieved December 23, 2012 
- What's on at the Talaton Inn - Retrieved December 23, 2012
- Talaton Escot Circular Walk - Retrieved December 23, 2012
- Talaton Parish Council, Retrieved December 23, 2012
Media related to Talaton at Wikimedia Commons