|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||1.42 km2 (0.55 sq mi)|
|• Density||13,000/km2 (32,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91 33|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Dum Dum|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Khardaha|
|Cities and towns in the southern portion of Barrackpore subdivision in North 24 Parganas district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town,
N: neighbourhood/ administrative location
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Talbandha is located at.
96% of the population of Barrackpore subdivision (partly presented in the map alongside, all places marked in the map are linked in the full screen map) lives in urban areas. In 2011, it had a density of population of 10,967 per km2 The subdivision has 16 municipalities and 24 census towns.
For most of the cities/ towns information regarding density of population is available in the Infobox. Population data is not available for neighbourhoods. It is available for the entire municipal area and thereafter ward-wise.
As per 2011 Census of India Talbandha had a total population of 17,802, of which 9,033 (51%) were males and 8,769 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 1,725. The total number of literates in Talbandha was 12,803 (79.64 % of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Talbandha had a population of 15,233. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Talbandha has an average literacy rate of 65%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 57%. In Talbandha, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kolkata Urban Agglomeration
The following Municipalities, Census Towns and other locations in Barrackpore subdivision were part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in the 2011 census: Kanchrapara (M), Jetia (CT), Halisahar (M), Balibhara (CT), Naihati (M), Bhatpara (M), Kaugachhi (CT), Garshyamnagar (CT), Garulia (M), Ichhapur Defence Estate (CT), North Barrackpur (M), Barrackpur Cantonment (CB), Barrackpore (M), Jafarpur (CT), Ruiya (CT), Titagarh (M), Khardaha (M), Bandipur (CT), Panihati (M), Muragachha (CT) New Barrackpore (M), Chandpur (CT), Talbandha (CT), Patulia (CT), Kamarhati (M), Baranagar (M), South Dumdum (M), North Dumdum (M), Dum Dum (M), Noapara (CT), Babanpur (CT), Teghari (CT), Nanna (OG), Chakla (OG), Srotribati (OG) and Panpur (OG).
As per the District Census Handbook 2011, Talbandha covered an area of 1.4246 km2. Amongst the medical facilities it had was a dispensary/ health centre. Amongst the educational facilities it had was a primary school.
Talbandha is located a little away from Sodepur-Madhyamgram road and local roads link Talbandha to it.
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Barrackpore II CD Block on Page 379. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2013, Tables 2.1, 2.2, 2.4b. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2013, Table 2.1. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Barrackpore Police Commissionerate". List of Police Stations with telephone numbers. West Bengal Police. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Section II Town Directory, Pages 781-783 Statement I: Growth History, Pages 799-803; Statement II: Physical Aspects and Location of Towns, Pages 791-794; Statement III: Civic and other Amenities, Pages 795-796; Statement IV: Medical Facilities 2009, Pages 803-805 Section: Educational, Recreational and Cultural Facilities. Directorate of Census Operations V, West Bengal. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- Google maps
- "31311 Sealdah-Kalyani Simanta Local". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "33811 Sealdah-Bangaon local". Time Table. India Railinfo. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 24 August 2007.