Talcott Mountain State Park
|Talcott Mountain State Park|
|Connecticut State Park|
View of the Hartford skyline from atop Heublein Tower, Talcott Mountain State Park
|Towns||Simsbury, Avon, Bloomfield|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m) |
|Area||574 acres (232 ha) |
|Management||Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection|
|Website: Talcott Mountain State Park|
Talcott Mountain State Park is a 574-acre (232 ha) Connecticut state park located primarily in the town of Simsbury. The park is the home of the Heublein Tower, a 165-foot-high (50 m) lookout tower atop Talcott Mountain. The park offers picnicking, scenic views, and hiking on the Metacomet Trail. The Tower Trail is 1.25 miles (2 km) long; a walk to the tower takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- "Talcott Mountain State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Appendix A: List of State Parks and Forests" (PDF). State Parks and Forests: Funding. Staff Findings and Recommendations. Connecticut General Assembly. January 23, 2014. p. A-4. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Talcott MountainState Park". State Parks and Forests. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. September 2017. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Talcott Mountain State Park Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Talcott Mountain State Park Map Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Talcott Mountain State Park.|