Taldangra (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||36. Bankura|
|Electorate (year)||179,693 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 251 Taldangra (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Bibarda, Fulmati, Harmasra, Khalgram, Panchmura and Taldangra gram panchayats of Taldangra community development block; Brojarajpur and Gaurbazar gram panchayats of Indpur community development block; and Simlapal community development block.
|INC||Arun Kumar Pathak||67,614||43.03||+10.58#|
|BJP||Milan Singha Mahapatra||6,110||3.89|
|Jharkhand Anushilan Party||Uzzwal Singha||1,810|
|SUCI||Kabita Singha Babu||1,564|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||7|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006, 2001 and 1996 state assembly elections, Manoranjan Patra of CPI(M) won the Taldangra assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals Manik Mitra of Trinamool Congress, Dilip Panda of Trinamool Congress and Debaprasad Singha Barathakur of Congress, respectively. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Amiya Patra of CPI(M) defeated Phani Bhusan Singhababu of Congress in 1991 and Amit Chatterjee of Congress in 1987. Mohini Mohan Panda of CPI(M) defeated Kalyani Prasad Singha Choudhury of Congress in 1982 and Phani Bhusan Singhababu of Congress in 1977. 
Phani Bhusan Singhababu of Congress won in 1972. Mohini Mohan Panda of CPI(M) won in 1971 and 1969. Purabi Mukhopadhyay of Congress won in 1967 and 1962. In 1957 there was no seat at Taldangra, but there was a joint seat at Vishnupur. It was won by Purabi Mukhopadhyay and Kiran Chandra Digar, both of Congress. Purabi Mukhopadhyay of Congress won the Taldangra seat in independent India’s first election in 1952.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Taldangra". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Taldangra. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Taldangra. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "244 - Taldangra Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-03.