Tale of Sand
|Tale of Sand|
|Publication date||September 30, 2014|
|No. of issues||1|
|Written by||Jim Henson (screenplay)|
Jim Henson created the idea in the mid to late 1950s and worked with Jerry Juhl in writing the story throughout the late '60s and early '70s.
In January 2012, The Jim Henson Company, partnered with Archaia Entertainment and published a graphic novel version of Henson and Juhl's script with the artwork by Ramón Pérez. Lisa Henson was instrumental getting the story in comic book form in partnership with Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy.
We're all really excited about this project at the company because it's rare that we have an opportunity to actually dig into the archives and find something exciting and then fall in love with it all over again and then see it be realized in a medium where the public can enjoy it - as opposed to just in a museum exhibit or something. We're finding something that was archived but realizing it's very vibrant and entertaining and relevant to today. So, it's really great because we can make it. We don't just have to study it, we can make it
We’re working very closely with Lisa and Brian Henson, his children, who are supervising this. They are very adamant about this not ever being made into a movie, or not being made into anything else, they only want to do this as a comic to almost give a storyboarded look at what this lost Jim Henson could have been like
This section needs an improved plot summary. (January 2019)
Its about a man called Mac who wakes up in an unknown town and pursued across the desert for the Southwest by strange people and beasts.
- "Jim Henson's Tale of Sand #1". CBR. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "Q&A with Tale of Sand's Ramón Pérez". Muppet Fans Who Grew Up - Tough Pigs. 6 January 2014. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- "CCI EXCLUSIVE: Archaia Tells Henson's "Tale of Sand" - CBR". www.cbr.com. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- "Jim Henson-Scripted Comic - Exclusive Details". www.bleedingcool.com. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- Schedeen, Jesse (21 December 2011). "Jim Henson's Tale of Sand Hardcover Review". IGN. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- Liu, Jonathan H. (23 December 2011). "Jim Henson's Tale of Sand Is Mind-Bending Surrealist Perfection". Retrieved 15 January 2019 – via www.wired.com.
- "Comics Book Review: Jim Henson's Tale of Sand by Jim Henson, Jerry Juhl, Ramón K. Pérez. Archaia Entertainment (www.archaia.com), $29.95 (152p) ISBN 978-1-936393-09-1". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "Review time! with Jim Henson's Tale of Sand - CBR". www.cbr.com. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
|This article about a fantasy book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This comics-related film article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a graphic novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|