|Headquarters||Redwood City, CA USA|
|Mike Tuchen, CEO|
|Products||Big Data, Cloud, Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, Application Integration|
Number of employees
Talend (Pronunciation: TAL-end) is a software vendor specializing in Big Data Integration. The company provides big data, Cloud, data integration, data management, Master Data Management, data quality, data preparation and enterprise application integration software and services.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Talend has offices in North America, Europe and Asia, as well as an international network of technical and service partners. Customers include Citi, GE Healthcare, Aldo, OTTO Group, Virgin Mobile, Groupon, Travis Perkins, m2oCity, Deutsche Post, Newcastle University and Allianz. It has 500 employees in 10 offices in 7 countries.
Talend was founded in 2005 by Bertrand Diard and Fabrice Bonan. It was the first commercial open source vendor of data integration software. Other vendors have since entered this market, including Apatar, Jitterbit, and Pentaho. Other data integration vendors include IBM, Informatica, SAP.
The company's first product, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration, was launched in October 2006, under its previous name: Talend Open Studio. In June 2008, Talend released Talend Open Studio for Data Quality under its previous name: Talend Open Profiler.
In March 2007, Talend announced the creation of its US subsidiary, Talend Inc.
In 2006 and 2007, AGF Private Equity and Galileo Partners provided the first two rounds of funding in series A and series B.
In July 2007, Talend launched its first enterprise version, Talend Data Integration (formerly known as Talend Integration Suite).
In October 2007, Talend announced the creation of its German subsidiary, Talend Germany GmbH.
In March 2009, Talend announced the creation of its UK subsidiary, Talend Ltd.
In 2009, Talend was included as a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for Data Integration.
In September 2009, Talend acquired a master data management (MDM) solution Xtentis, which was developed by a French software vendor Amalto. In January 2010, the system was released as an open source product under the name Talend MDM (delivered as a free open source version Talend Open Studio for MDM and subscription-based Talend Platform for MDM). It became the first open source MDM solution on the market.
In April 2010, Talend raised $8 million in series D from Idinvest Partners, Galileo Partners and Balderton Capital.
In September 2010, Talend announced the creation of its Japan subsidiary, Talend KK.
In December 2010, Talend launched Talend Open Studio for ESB and ESB SE under the previous name, Talend Integration Factory.
In May 2011, Talend introduced its Unified Integration Platform – an important milestone subsequent to the Sopera acquisition. In 2011, the company was also listed on the Momentum Index of venture-backed companies with an open source business model.
In 2012, Talend was positioned as a Visionary in two of Gartner's Magic Quadrants for Application Infrastructure, in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools and in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools.
In February 2012, Talend Open Studio for Big Data, an integration application for big data, was released.
In 2013, Talend was positioned as a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites and in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. Talend was also positioned by Gartner in the "Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions".
In March 2015, the company released Talend Integration Cloud to enable developers to simplify and accelerate cloud and hybrid integration projects.
In August 2015, Talend was positioned as a Visionary in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools.
In January 2016, Talend joined Cloudera, data Artisans, Google, Cask and Paypal to propose Google’s Cloud Dataflow to the Apache Software Foundation.
In February 2016, Talend introduced Data Preparation, a free open source application for quickly preparing data analysis.
In March 2016, Talend Integration Cloud Summer ’16 is released with enhanced big data integration for AWS.
Today, Talend has more than 1300 enterprise customers including Citi, GE Healthcare, Aldo, OTTO Group, Virgin Mobile, Groupon, Travis Perkins, m2oCity, Deutsche Post, Flybe, Pernod Ricard and Allianz.
Talend has received a number of awards including:
- InfoWorld Bossie Awards (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015)
- CRN: Big Data 100, Emerging Vendors awards (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015)
- DBTA 100 (2013, 2014 and 2015) 
- SD Times 100 (2014 and 2015)
- Forrester Wave for Enterprise ETL (2012)
- VAR Guy’s Annual Open Source 50 (2010) 
- InfoWorld Technology of the Year Awards (2009)
- CRN Big Data 100, Data Management Platforms (2016)
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Big Data Integration
Talend Big Data was designed to simplify the development, integration and management of big data by removing the need for users to learn, write or maintain complicated Hadoop or Spark code. Talend provides native and optimized code generation to load, transform, enrich, and cleanse data inside Hadoop without additional storage or computing expense.
Talend Data Integration is an open and scalable data integration and data quality solution for integrating, cleansing and profiling all corporate data. The product features over 900 prebuilt components to connect various data sources. It also offers collaboration and management tools.
Master Data Management
Talend Master Data Management was created to help companies consolidate data across their businesses, such as product and customer data, in order to create a single “version of the truth”.
Talend Application Integration provides a common set of application and data integration tools to build a service-oriented architecture, and connect, mediate, and manage services in real-time.
Talend Integration Cloud is a secure and managed integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) for connecting, cleansing and sharing cloud and on-premises data.
Talend Data Preparation is a free, open source data cleansing application that can be used for data discovery, visualization and enrichment.
Talend offers subscription pricing, based on developers, not CPUs or connectors.
Talend is an Apache Software Foundation sponsor. Many of its engineers are contributors to Apache including Apache Spark, CXF, Camel, ServiceMix, Syncope, Karaf, Santuario and ActiveMQ as well as help guide many projects through the Apache Incubator as mentors. The company is also a member of the Java Community Process (JCP), a Solutions Member of the Eclipse Foundation and a Corporate Member of OW2.
Java is the main development language of Talend’s products and services.
Its commercial partners include Bonitasoft, CGI, Cloudera, CSC, Couchbase, Datastax, EnterpriseDB, Google, Hortonworks, Jaspersoft, MapR, MicroStrategy, MongoDB, MySQL, Pivotal, Sage, Salesforce, Tableau, Teradata, Uniserv and Vertica among many others.
The commercial subscription license includes:
- Access to value added features (such as teamwork, load balancing, monitoring)
- Technical support
- IP indemnification (legal protection)
- "Talend Releases Free, Easy-to-Use Desktop App for Quickly Preparing Data for Analysis". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- Talend organization on CrunchBase
- 30 Companies using Talend
- Talend Data Masters Award Winners 2015
- Glassdoor: Presentation of Talend
- Talend Eclipse Membership
- Open source start-up upgrades data integration software. Networkworld.com (2007-04-24). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Talend Inc. Company Profile
- Talend Organization CrunchBase Page
- Talend Expands Data Integration Offering to Deliver a Robust Open Source Solution for the Enterprise
- Talend Germany GmbH Company Profile
- Who's In, Who's Out in Gartner's New Data Integration Magic Quadrant
- Bernard Liautaud finance l'éditeur de logiciels Talend. LaTribune.fr. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- More Validation For Open Source Software: Talend Raises $12 Million. TechCrunch (2009-01-26). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Talend's Fundraising Validates Open Source Data Integration. Itbusinessedge.com (2009-01-26). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Data integrator Talend scores $12M in funding. Sdtimes.com. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Talend Ltd DueDil Page
- Talend Gate Crashes the 2009 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration
- Babcock, Charles (September 28, 2009). "Talend Acquires Master Data Management Firm". InformationWeek. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Henschen, Doug (September 28, 2009). "Talend Plans Open-Source Master Data Management Product". Information Week. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Basyn, Dirk (28 September 2009). "Amalto revend sa brique MDM a Talend". Channel News (in French). Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Henschen, Doug (November 10, 2010). "Talend Acquires Open Source Service Bus". InformationWeek. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Babcock, Charles (January 25, 2010). "Talend Enters Master Data Managment [sic] Arena". Network Computing (InformationWeek). Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Talend organization on CrunchBase
- Talend Now Provides Services for Growing Japanese Market
- Flinn, Ryan. (2010-11-10) Silver Lake Sumeru Invests in Data Management Company Talend. Bloomberg.com. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Open Source Software Company Talend Raises $34M; Acquires Sopera. Techcrunch.com (2010-11-10). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Bertrand DIARD, CEO and Co-founder of Talend. France24.com. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Nouvelle étape de croissance pour Talend. Latribune.fr. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Talend Integration Factory is Major Step Forward in Democratizing ESB Market
- IBM and Informatica Chase Dataflux in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Quality 2011
- Talend Recognized as a Visionary in 2012 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools
- Talend positioned as Visionary in Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools
- Talend Empowers Apache Hadoop Community with Talend Open Studio for Big Data
- Talend Positioned as “Visionary” in Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites
- Exploring Gartner’s Data Integration Vendor Magic Quadrant 2013
- Talend Included In Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for MDM of Customer Data Solutions
- Talend Raises $40M To More Aggressively Extend Into Big Data Market, Sets Sights On IPO
- Talend Recognized as a Visionary in 2014 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools
- Talend Positioned as a Visionary in 2014 Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites
- Talend Takes Data Integration to the Cloud
- Talend Recognized as a Visionary in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools
- "Google Open Sources Dataflow Analytics Code through Apache Incubator". thevarguy.com. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- "Talend Introduces Desktop Data Prep App for Quickly Preparing Data for Analysis". Database Trends and Applications. 2016-02-09. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- Team, Editorial (2015-07-20). "Talend Releases Update to Integration Cloud". insideBIGDATA. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- Talend Data Masters Winners
- Bossie Awards 2015: The Best Open Source Applications
- CRN 2015 Big Data 100 – Data Management
- DBTA 100 2015 – The Companies That Matter Most in Data
- Big Data Business Intelligence 2015
- The Forrester Wave Enterprise ETL Q1 2012
- Top 50 open source companies: where are they now
- The InfoWorld 2009 Technology of the Year Awards
- "Talend Data Integration Leader Listed on CRN Big Data 100". www.talend.com. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- For data oriented app integration look toward Talend ESB
- Platinum Sponsors – Apache Software Foundation
- Talend Eclipse Membership Page
- OW2 Consortium Members
- Talend Affirms Commitment to Apache Licensing of Open Source Integration Tools
- https://www.talendforge.org/ Talendforge
- Aslett,Matthew (2009-07-08) What is Open Core Licensing (and what isn’t). blogs.the451group.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Talend.|