|Traded as||NASDAQ: TLND|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, United States|
|Mike Tuchen, CEO|
|Products||Big Data, Cloud, Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, Application Integration|
Number of employees
Talend (//) is a software integration vendor. The company provides big data, cloud storage, data integration, data management, master data management, data quality, data preparation and enterprise application integration software and services. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, California.
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (July 2017)
Talend was founded in 2005 by Bertrand Diard and Fabrice Bonan. It was the first commercial open source software vendor of data integration software.[third-party source needed] Other vendors have since entered this market, including Apatar, Jitterbit, and Pentaho. Other data integration vendors include IBM, Informatica, SAP AG.
The company's first product, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration, was launched in October 2006, under its previous name: Talend Open Studio. In June 2008, Talend released Talend Open Studio for Data Quality under its previous name: Talend Open Profiler.
Talend is an Apache Software Foundation sponsor. Many of its engineers are contributors to Apache including Apache Spark, CXF, Camel, ServiceMix, Syncope, Karaf, Santuario and ActiveMQ as well as help guide many projects through the Apache Incubator as mentors. The company is also a member of the Java Community Process (JCP), a Solutions Member of the Eclipse Foundation and a Corporate Member of OW2.
Java is the main development language of Talend’s products and services.
Its commercial partners include Uniserv.
The commercial subscription license includes:
- Access to value added features (such as teamwork, load balancing, monitoring)
- Technical support
- IP indemnification (legal protection)
- "Talend Releases Free, Easy-to-Use Desktop App for Quickly Preparing Data for Analysis". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- Talend organization on CrunchBase
- Talend Eclipse Membership
- Open source start-up upgrades data integration software. Networkworld.com (2007-04-24). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Platinum Sponsors – Apache Software Foundation
- Talend Eclipse Membership Page
- OW2 Consortium Members
- Talend Affirms Commitment to Apache Licensing of Open Source Integration Tools
- https://www.talendforge.org/ Talendforge
- Aslett,Matthew (2009-07-08) What is Open Core Licensing (and what isn’t). blogs.the451group.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Talend.|