|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Social network service|
|Available in||English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish, Russian, Portuguese|
|Founded||Palo Alto, California|
|Key people||Roman Scharf, Co-CEO, Founder
Amos Pizzey, Co-CEO, Founder
Maya Bogle, Co-Founder, MD London
|Alexa rank||31,162 (April 2014[update])|
|Registration||Required (to post/participate)|
|Users||3.2 million users|
Talenthouse is an art networking site.
The company’s suite of products and services unlock opportunity for artists, major brands and mainstream audiences. A community of Talenthouse artists retain ownership of their work, earn compensation, and can grow their reach.
Talenthouse was co-founded in 2009 by Co-CEOs Amos Pizzey and Roman Scharf. It is based in West Hollywood, California and London, England. The privately held company is funded by various investment groups including ProSiebenSat.1, Reliance Entertainment, Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, 3TS Cisco Growth Fund, and individuals including Chris DeWolfe, William Lauder, Brett Ratner, Eurythmics Dave Stewart, Jean Pigozzi and Gerard Butler. The Talenthouse headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, USA with offices in New York City and London.
The Talenthouse logo is taken from the West African Adinkra series of symbols, which depicts a snake climbing a raffia palm. The raffia palm has many thorns and is very challenging to climb. Simply translated, this symbol means, "to achieve the impossible."
Established artists and brands partner with Talenthouse to host global online campaigns called Creative Invites. Creative Invites encourage emerging talent to contribute their creative work and spread the word among their fans and followers through a viral contest platform. Winners of the Creative Invites are chosen and receive a collaboration opportunity or prize.
List of hosted competitions
Artists Talenthouse has worked with include Rihanna, The Who, Green Day Kylie Minogue, Leona Lewis, deadmau5, Paul McCartney, Justin Timberlake, Rod Stewart, Queen, Stan Lee, Lady Gaga, U2, Common, Steve Aoki, Thievery Corporation, Florence and the Machine, Stephen Jones, Brett Ratner, Chromeo, James Morrison Rusko, The Cure, Wale, Theophilus London, Maroon 5, Soundgarden, Paul Oakenfold. Brands Talenthouse has worked with include Virgin Mobile, Bombay Sapphire, Playboy, 20th Century Fox, Bing, Adidas, Dolce & Gabbana, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Red Bull, Nikon, Dell, Ugg Australia, Amazon.com, Stan Lee Foundation, Anne Klein. Talenthouse has partnered with Universal Music Group, SoundCloud, Live Nation Entertainment, Warner Music Group., Childish Gambino,
Sponsored Engagement Engine
In April 2012, Talenthouse announced the global launch of its Social Engagement Engine (SEE), a social media marketing tool, which gives advertisers the ability to launch customized campaigns and attach their brands to content that is being shared on social networking sites.
As of May 2012, Talenthouse had received $15.1 million of funding to date with a recently closed $4.2 million Series B round. Investors include Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors, Reliance Entertainment, 3TS Cisco Growth Fund, Brett Ratner, Jean Pigozzi and Estée Lauder chairman William P. Lauder.
On May 20, 2014, the company announced securing a $10 Million Series C Funding round with investors Dave Stewart and Gerard Butler
In May 2012 Talenthouse has been named a Winner of the Red Herring Top 100 Award and recognized as one of the leading private companies from the Americas. Red Herring's Americas Top 100 list has become a mark of distinction for identifying the most promising new companies and entrepreneurs.
- "Talenthouse.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Talenthouse Inc. (August 5, 2009). "Boy George Seeks Emerging Music Artists, DJs to Collaborate on New Dance Track via Talenthouse". Marketwire. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- Clyde Smith (November 16, 2009). "TALENTHOUSE WINNER TO FILM RIHANNA'S HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED LONDON CONCERT LAUNCHING NEW ALBUM "RATED R"". Hip Hop Press.
- Live Nation Entertainment (March 21, 2001). "Winning 'Talenthouse' Video". Live Nation Entertainment.[dead link]
- Jorge Cino (May 17, 2011). "Get Famous on Facebook Through Talenthouse". AllFacebook.
- Metro Web Reporter (October 31, 2011). "Leona Lewis launches competition to design her stage outfit". Metro Web.
- Brenna Ehrlich (May 26, 2011). "Deadmau5 Wants You To Design His Next Giant Mouse Head". Mashable.
- Timothy Lloyd (July 6, 2011). "Beatles Great Paul McCartney Plunges Into Crowd Sourcing". The Wall Street Journal.
- Jason Del Rey (September 23, 2011). "Justin Timberlake Wants You to Take His Facebook Profile Picture". Ad Age Digital.
- "Talent House photography opportunity". Professional Photographer. June 27, 2011.[dead link]
- Ben Rogerson (November 14, 2011). "Queen Don't Stop Me Now remix competition". MusicRadar.
- Brandon Freeberg (December 13, 2010). "Create A Superhero For Stan Lee and Talenthouse!". MTV Geek.
- Matthew Perpetua (February 17, 2011). "Digest: Radiohead Deny Tokyo Concert Rumors; Waka Flocka Flame's Mother Says He Wasn't Involved in Shooting, Also: Mountain Goat release rarities on bonus cassette; Lady Gaga offers fans a chance to blog backstage". Rolling Stone.
- "U2, world's leading rock band, collaborates with Talenthouse". Network2Media. December 12, 2011.
- John Ochoa (December 20, 2011). "Steve Aoki Launches Tour T-Shirt Design Contest Today, December 20 In Partnership With Talenthouse". Mitch Schneider Organization.
- Ella Alexander (September 30, 2010). "Florence's Talent Hunt". Vogue.[dead link]
- Stephanie Murg (August 9, 2011). "Who Wants to Be a Milliner? Design a Hat for Stephen Jones, Win a Place in His Exhibition". MediaBistro.
- Janet Mock (March 20, 2012). "Fashion Designer Tom Ford Creates Contest To Combat Bullying". People.
- Jennifer Shields (September 23, 2011). "Chromeo Wants You To Design Their Concert Tees". The Owl Mag.
- GlamEntertainment (November 26, 2011). "Our Talenthouse contest winner's London photos". GlamEntertainment.
- Andrew Hampp (December 14, 2011). "Exclusive: Theophilus London's Remix Album to Be Sponsored by Microsoft Bing". Billboard.
- Edmund Lee (February 14, 2011). "App-Happy Brands Bypassing Facebook to Build Content on It". Ad Age.
- Brooks Barnes (September 14, 2011). "New Route to Sundance: Follow the Bunny". New York Times.
- "Are you the face of BCBGMAXAZRIA spring 2013?". ModelNews. February 7, 2012.[dead link]
- Valerie D'Orazio (December 13, 2010). "Create A Superhero For Stan Lee and Talenthouse!". MTV Geek.
- Matthew Perpetua (July 22, 2011). "Universal Signs Deal with Crowdsourcing Firm". Rolling Stone.
- 2014 Artists Series: Childish Gambino
- Talenthouse Inc. (May 2, 2012). "Talenthouse Rolls Out Its Sponsored Engagement Engine (SEE)". Talenthouse. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- Frederic Lardinois (May 2, 2012). "Talent Crowdsourcing Startup Talenthouse Raises $4.2M From Director Brett Ratner, Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors and Others". TechCrunch.
- "Reliance ties up with Talenthouse for fresh, creative talent". Financial Express. Retrieved 14 April 2013.[dead link]
- Talenthouse Secures $10 Million Series C Funding, Investors Include Dave Stewart, Gerard Butler | Billboard
- Alex Vieux (May 24, 2012). "Americas 2012 Top 100". Red Herring.