Tales (TV series)
|Created by||Irv Gotti|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Executive producer(s)||Irv Gotti|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Visionary Ideas|
|Original release||June 27, 2017 –|
Tales is an American drama anthology television series created by Irv Gotti. The series premiered on BET on June 27, 2017. It was renewed for a second season set to premiere on July 2, 2019.
Each episode tells a new "tale" inspired by past and current hip-hop songs weaved into stories.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||1||"Fuck the Police"||Irv Gotti||Story by : Irv Gotti |
Teleplay by : Sherman Payne & Joy Kecken
|June 27, 2017||101||0.544|
The controversial killing of a young white boy at the hands of two black police officers ignites riots and a district attorney's struggle to convince the one witness to testify in court.N.W.A's "Fuck tha Police".
|2||2||"Cold Hearted"||Benny Boom||Denise Harkavy||July 11, 2017||102||0.451|
A mega-star rapper who gets fatally shot, with his faithful sidekick by his side, and all suspects - his wife, manager and best friend.Meek Mill's "Cold Hearted".
|3||3||"A Story to Tell"||Jessy Terrero||Story by : Irv Gotti |
Teleplay by : Yule Caise & Joy Kecken
|July 18, 2017||103||0.432|
In the aftermath of an apparent home invasion, the fiancée of an NBA superstar looks back dealing with her future husband's constant philandering ways and which led to her own affair with a neighborhood hustler.The Notorious B.I.G.'s "I Got a Story to Tell"
|4||4||"Trap Queen"||Benny Boom||Irv Gotti||October 10, 2017||104||1.039|
This is a story of devoted love: Crystal discovers that her boyfriend and the love of her life, Reggie, is running drugs out of the strip club they own together. Despite her initial hesitation, Crystal decides to join forces with Reggie in order to secure their dream future.Fetty Wap's "Trap Queen"
|5||5||"Children's Story"||Erik White||Sherman Payne||October 17, 2017||105||0.539|
Two penniless teenagers learn the lesson of karma the hard way when they start robbing people in their neighborhood.Slick Rick's "Children's Story"
|6||6||"99 Problems"||Tasha Smith||Marcus J. Guillory||October 24, 2017||106||0.542|
When the Black Lives Matter movement is declared an enemy of the state, two college lovers and BLM activists go on the run to escape the clutches of the police.Jay Z's "99 Problems"
|7||7||"You Got Me"||Erica A. Watson||Joy Kecken||October 31, 2017||107||0.440|
A highly disciplined, independent-minded dancer about to perform in an important show falls for a man who gets her to lose focus.The Roots featuring Erykah Badu's "You Got Me"
|8||8||"All I Need"||Irv Gotti||Patrick Coker and Adam Wiesen||November 25, 2017||108||0.706|
A war veteran suffering from PTSD falls in love with the wrong woman, the girlfriend of Taggert-- a dangerous pimp who will do whatever it takes to get his girlfriend back.Method Man featuring Mary J. Blige's "I'll Be There for You/You're All I Need to Get By"
- James Poniewozik (2017-06-26). "Review: In BET's 'Tales,' Rap Lyrics Get Lost in Translation". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- Vibe (2017-06-27). "Review: Irv Gotti's First Episode Of Tales Targets Police Brutality". Vibe.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- Das Biswas, Shuvrajit (April 8, 2019). "Tales Season 2: Premiere Date, Cast, Trailer, Spoilers, News". The Cinemaholic. Retrieved April 12, 2019.
- Darville, Jordan (June 5, 2019). "Irv Gotti says a new Kanye West song will debut on July 2". Fader. Andy Cohn. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 6.27.2017". Showbuzz Daily. 2017-06-28. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals &a Network Finals: 7.11.2017". Showbuzz Daily. 2017-07-12. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.18.2017". Showbuzz Daily. 2017-07-19. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- Metcalf, Mitch (October 11, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.10.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (October 18, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.17.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (October 25, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.24.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (November 1, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.31.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Saturday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 11.25.2017". Showbuzz Daily. 2017-11-29. Retrieved 2017-12-15.