Tales from the Twilight World
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article possibly contains original research. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Tales from the Twilight World|
|Studio album by Blind Guardian|
|Released||2 October 1990|
|Recorded||Early 1990 at Karo Studios|
|Label||No Remorse Records, Virgin Records, Century Media|
|Blind Guardian chronology|
Tales from the Twilight World is the third studio album that was released in 1990 by Blind Guardian.
All lyrics written by Hansi Kürsch (except for To France).
|1.||"Traveler in Time"||Hansi Kürsch and André Olbrich||5:59|
|2.||"Welcome to Dying"||Kürsch, Olbrich||4:47|
|4.||"Lord of the Rings"||Kürsch, Marcus Siepen||3:18|
|5.||"Goodbye My Friend"||Kürsch, Olbrich, Thomas "Thomen" Stauch||5:33|
|6.||"Lost in the Twilight Hall"||Kürsch, Olbrich, Siepen, Stauch||5:58|
|8.||"Altair 4"||Kürsch, Olbrich||2:26|
|9.||"The Last Candle"||Kürsch, Olbrich||5:59|
|10.||"Run for the Night" (Live)||Kürsch, Olbrich, Siepen, Stauch||3:42|
|2003 re-release bonus tracks|
|11.||"Lords of the Rings" (Demo)||Kürsch, Siepen||3:57|
|12.||"To France" (Mike Oldfield cover)||Mike Oldfield||4:39|
|2007 re-release bonus tracks|
|11.||"Lost in the Twilight Hall" (Demo)||Kürsch, Olbrich, Siepen, Stauch||5:58|
|12.||"TommyKnockers" (Demo)||Kürsch, Olbrich||5:09|
- a. ^ "Run for the Night" (Live) is featured on the Japanese LP release and all the CD releases. It was recorded in Braunschweig in 1989.
- Hansi Kürsch – vocals and bass
- André Olbrich – lead guitar & backing vocals
- Marcus Siepen – rhythm guitar & backing vocals
- Thomas "Thomen" Stauch – drums
- Kai Hansen (Iron Savior, Helloween, Gamma Ray) - backing vocals, vocals on "Lost in the Twilight Hall" and guitar solo on "The Last Candle".
- Piet Sielck (Iron Savior, Savage Circus) - backing vocals & effects
- Mathias Wiesner - effects and keyboards
- Rolf Köhler, "Hacky" Hackmann and Kalle Trapp - backing vocals
- Kalle Trapp - producing, mixing and recording
- Piet Sielck - second engineer
- Charley Rinne - executive producer
- Andreas Marshall - cover paintings and idea
- Buffo/Charley Rinne - pictures
- "Traveler in Time" is based on Frank Herbert's Dune
- "Welcome to Dying" is based on Peter Straub's Floating Dragon
- "Lord of the Rings" is based on J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings
- "Tommyknockers" and "Altair 4" are based on Stephen King's The Tommyknockers
- "Goodbye My Friend" is inspired by the film E.T.
- "Lost in the Twilight Hall" is about the time spent "between worlds" by the wizard Gandalf the Grey after defeating the Balrog of Moria before his reincarnation as Gandalf the White.
- "The Last Candle" talks about places and events of Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman's Dragonlance universe, specially from the "Chronicles" and "Legends" trilogies.
- Allmusic review
- Trojan, Frank. "Rock Hard". issue 42.