Tales of Ephidrina
|Tales of Ephidrina|
|Studio album by Amorphous Androgynous|
|Released||30 July 1993|
|Genre||Electronica, ambient, techno, IDM|
|Amorphous Androgynous chronology|
Tales of Ephidrina is an ambient/techno album by electronica artists Amorphous Androgynous, better known as The Future Sound of London (FSOL), which was released in 1993. It was created from material the pair had been working on around the same time as their ambient FSOL title Lifeforms, while still containing some of the techno feel of Accelerator.
This album was their first one after signing with Virgin; they moved to London from Manchester and were given a free hand to do what they wanted. The album is unique, in that it is the only album they released in the 1990s that wasn't recorded at their Earthbeat studio, and is also the only release on the band's short lived stem of Virgin Records, Quigley. It was the only electronic album recorded under the name Amorphous Androgynous, before the moniker's psychedelic reappearance in 2002.
- "Liquid Insects" – 7:21
- "Swab" – 4:17
- "Mountain Goat" – 4:38
- "In Mind" – 5:38
- "Ephidrena" – 8:17
- "Auto Pimp" – 7:20
- "Fat Cat" – 4:04
- "Pod Room" – 5:27
- Written by Amorphous Androgynous
- Recorded at the Analogue Room - London
- Engineered by Yage
- Produced by Philip Pin
- Directed by FSOL
- Re-worked at Earthbeat Studios - London
- Cover art by Buggy G. Riphead
- "Liquid Insects" contains samples from the movie Predator.
- "Fat Cat" contains a sample from Peter Gabriel's Passion, the soundtrack to the movie The Last Temptation of Christ.