Tales of Magic and Mystery
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the 1985 anthology. For the 1920s pulp magazine, see Tales of Magic and Mystery (magazine).
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Publisher||Methuen & Co. Ltd.|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
Tales of Magic and Mystery is a 1985 anthology of 11 fairy tales from around the world that have been collected and retold by Ruth Manning-Sanders. It is one in a long series of such anthologies by Manning-Sanders.
Table of contents
- 1. The Water Nick and the Bear (Denmark)
- 2. Tell Me Your Dream (Russia)
- 4. The Stork (Bulgaria)
- 5. The Eggshell (Gipsy)
- 6. The Three Pinks (Spain)
- 7. The Old Man and the Lambkin (Greek Islands)
- 8. Cow Crumpie (Bulgaria)
- 9. Ookah's Bagpipe (Estonia)
- 10. The Black Dort (Schleswig-Holstein)
- 11. The Conceited Dragon (North American Indian)
- Note from last page: "For permission to retell The Old Man and the Lambkin the author and publishers wish to thank Eric Roth-Verlag, publishers of Die Reise im Goldenen Schiff."