Tales of Unrest
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Genre||Frame story, Short Stories|
|1898 in literature|
|Media type||Print (serial)|
Tales of Unrest is a collection of short stories by Joseph Conrad originally published in 1898. Four of the five stories had been published previously in various magazines. This was the first published collection of any of Conrad's stories.
- "Karain: A Memory", first published in Blackwood's magazine in 1897
- "The Idiots", first published in The Savoy in 1896
- "An Outpost of Progress", first published in Cosmopolis in 1897
- "The Return", never previously published
- "The Lagoon", first published in Cornhill Magazine in 1897
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
- J.H. Stape, ed. The Cambridge Companion to Joseph Conrad, Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Project Gutenberg Works by Joseph Conrad at Project Gutenberg (plain text and HTML)