Tales of the City (album)
|Tales of the City (album)|
|Studio album by Rockmelons|
|Singles from Tales of the City|
Tales of the City is the debut studio album by Australian rock band Rockmelons. It was released in May 1988 on True Tone Records and peaked at number six on the Australian album charts. The band shared the Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA) Award for 'Best Debut Album' in 1988 with 1927's album ...ish.
It was re-issued in 1992 by Mushroom Records.
- "New Groove" - 4:39
- "What's It Gonna Be?" - 4:46
- "Jump" - 2:31
- "Thief" (R. Medhurst, J. Jones, B. Jones) - 3:21
- "Dreams in the Empty City" (R. Medhurst, J. Jones, B. Jones) - 3:45
- "Get Back on the Groove" - 4:56
- "Rhymes" (A. Green, M. Hodges) - 4:43
- "Boogietron" (J. Jones, B. Jones) - 4:22
- "Money Talks" - 3:59
Weekly chart positions
|Australian Albums (ARIA)||14|
|Australian Albums Chart||31|
|Australian Artist Albums Chart||14|
- Raymond Medhurst - keyboards
- Byron Jones - keyboards, bass guitar, vocals
- Jonathon Jones - keyboards, guitar, drums
- John Kenny - vocals
- Mary Azzopardi - vocals
- Wendy Matthews - vocals
- Producer - Robin Smith
- Engineer - Barry Rudolph
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970-1992. St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. Note: Used for Australian Singles and Albums charting from 1970 until ARIA created their own charts in mid-1988.
- Maree Hamblion. "Profile on Rockmelons". EMI Music Publishing Australia. Archived from the original on 2007-09-19. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- "ARIA Awards". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- "Australasian Performing Right Association". APRA. Retrieved 2009-02-12. Note: requires user to input song title e.g. NEW GROOVE
- "Australiancharts.com – The Rockmelons – Tales of the City". Hung Medien. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "End of Year Charts – ARIA Top 50 albums - 1988". ARIA Charts. Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "Tales of the City album credits". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-02-17.