|Born||Talgat Kadyrovich Nigmatulin
March 5, 1949
Kyzyl-Kiya, Kyrgyz SSR
|Died||February 11, 1985
Vilnius, Lithuanian SSR
Talgat Kadyrovich Nigmatulin (Tatar: Təlğət Qadıyr uğlı Niğmətulin, Russian: Талга́т Кады́рович Нигмату́лин; 5 March 1949, Kyzyl-Kiya – 11 February 1985, Vilnius) was a famous Soviet actor and martial artist. Nigmatullin was born on October 5, 1949 in a Tatar-Uzbek family in Kirgizia. He took part in many action movies. Perhaps his most famous movie was Pirates of the 20th Century. He also appeared in the following films:
- 1969 — Her Name is Spring (Её имя - Весна) as Pulat Sadykov
- 1971 — The Night At the 14th Parallel as Sitong
- 1972 — The Seventh Bullet (Седьмая пуля) as Ismail
- 1977 — Armed and Dangerous (Вооружен и очень опасен) as Joyce
- 1979 — Pirates of the 20th Century (Пираты 20-ого века) as Salikh
- 1981 — The Right to Shoot as captain of the schooner "Kiyoshi"
- 1981 — The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn (Приключения Тома Сойера и Гекльберри Финна) as Injun Joe
- 1983 — The Wolf Pit (Волчья яма) as Samat Kasimov
- 1984 — Lonely and Unarmed (Один и без оружия) as Khan
- 1985 — Confrontation (Противостояние) as Urazbaev, a police captain in Kokand
Nigmatulin became a follower of Abai Borubayev, a Sufi teacher from Central Asia who had found favour with Moscow art circles, and was murdered in 1985 by other followers of Borubayev, in the latter's presence.
- Westerlund, David (ed.) (2004). Sufism in Europe and North America. New York, NY: RoutledgeCurzon. p. 89. ISBN 0-415-32591-9.
- Talgat Nigmatulin at the Internet Movie Database
|This Soviet biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|