Clancy in 2016
|Born||25 June 1992|
|Height||184 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|Beach volleyball information|
Taliqua Clancy (born 25 June 1992) is an Australian volleyball and beach volleyball player who represented Australia at the 2016 Summer Olympics in beach volleyball, partnered with Louise Bawden. She is the first indigenous Australian volleyball player to represent Australia at the Olympics. She has the aboriginal flag tattooed on her left wrist and painted the flag on her fingernails for the Olympic matches.
Clancy plays as a left-side blocker.
Rio de Janeiro - 2016 Olympics
Gold Coast - 2018 Commonwealth Games
Taliqua participated in the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast with partner Mariafe Artacho del Solar. The Australian pairing won their 3 preliminary pool matches without losing a set, with wins over Greece's Manolina Konstantinou and Mariota Angelopoulou (21-14, 21-9), Grenada's Renisha Stafford and Thornia Williams (21-2, 21-11), and Scotland's Lynne Beattie and Melissa Coutts (21-9, 21-9). Finishing top of their pool they advanced to the quarter-finals, where they easily dispatched of Rwanda's Charlotte Nzayisenga and Denyse Mutatsimpundu (21-9, 21-8) to advance to the semi-finals. After winning the opening set of their semi-final against Vanuatu's pairing of Linline Matauatu and Miller Pata, the Aussie duo lost their first set of the tournament to send the match to the decider, which they won convincingly to advance to the gold medal match (21–19, 16–21, 15–9). In the match of the tournament, the Australian team came up agonisingly short against their more experience and higher ranked Canadian opponents, Melissa Humana-Paredes and Sarah Pavan (19–21, 20–22). Although their winning run came to an end, they secured a silver medal at their first Commonwealth Games together.
- "Taliqua Clancy". Australian Olympic Committee website. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Taliqua Clancy". FIVB website. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Rio Olympics: Taliqua Clancy's journey from Kingaroy to Copacabana". theaustralian.com.au. The Australian. 6 August 2016. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- "Players Details: Taliqua Clancy". Beach Volleyball Major Series. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- Beach volleyball at the 2016 Summer Olympics – Women's tournament
- Beach volleyball at the 2018 Commonwealth Games – Women's tournament