Talisay, Camarines Norte
Talisay Municipal Hall
Map of Camarines Norte with Talisay highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|• Mayor||Ronnie P. Magana|
|• Total||30.76 km2 (11.88 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||840/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)54|
Talisay is a fourth class municipality in the Province of Camarines Norte, Philippines. It has a total land area of 3,076 hectares (7,600 acres), making it the smallest municipality in the province. As of the 2015 census, the town, which was named after the big trees that abound in its poblacion, has a population of 25,841 people, most of which are farmers.
The fertile soil, gentle topography (averaging about 10 metres (33 ft) above sea-level) and suitable climate are the main reasons why agriculture is the economic backbone of the town. Rice and coconut farming are the major agricultural activities for most of the barangays and fishing is the second thriving industry particularly in the coastal barangays.
Talisayons have a deep concern for education. A family no matter how poor, sends their children to school. Talisay has a very long list of successful professionals in various fields such as medicine, law, engineering, architecture, education, law enforcement and military service, banking, business, sports, entertainment, marketing and many more. The incumbent mayor is Ronnie Magana and vice mayor Juancho Zantua Ramores.
Talisayons are fond of arts and music. The municipality holds singing and dance competitions throughout the year usually held at the public plaza.
Talisay is politically subdivided into 15 barangays.
- Del Carmen
- San Francisco
- San Isidro
- San Jose
- San Nicolas
- Santa Cruz
- Santa Elena
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Talisay|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Talisay, Camarines Norte, was 25,841 people, with a density of 840 inhabitants per square kilometre or 2,200 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Province: CAMARINES NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Camarines Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.