Talisay, Camarines Norte
|Municipality of Talisay|
Map of Camarines Norte with Talisay highlighted
|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Barangays||15 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Ronnie P. Magana|
|• Electorate||14,341 voters (2016)|
|• Total||30.76 km2 (11.88 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||840/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)54|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||65,802,091.04 (2016)|
The fertile soil, gentle topography (averaging about 10 metres (33 ft) above sea-level) and suitable climate are the main reasons why agriculture is the economic backbone of the town. Rice and coconut farming are the major agricultural activities for most of the barangays and fishing is the second thriving industry particularly in the coastal barangays.
Talisayons have a deep concern for education. A family no matter how poor, sends their children to school. Talisay has a very long list of successful professionals in various fields such as medicine, law, engineering, architecture, education, law enforcement and military service, banking, business, sports, entertainment, marketing and many more. The incumbent mayor is Ronnie Magana and vice mayor Juancho Zantua Ramores.
Talisayons are fond of arts and music. The municipality holds singing and dance competitions throughout the year usually held at the public plaza.
Talisay is politically subdivided into 15 barangays.
- Del Carmen
- San Francisco
- San Isidro
- San Jose
- San Nicolas
- Santa Cruz
- Santa Elena
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Talisay|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Talisay, Camarines Norte, was 25,841 people, with a density of 840 inhabitants per square kilometre or 2,200 inhabitants per square mile.
DWHD 1071 kHz AM Transmitter (Itomang, Talisay, Camarines Norte):DWHD-AM (1071 kHz Daet, Camarines Norte) is an upcoming bicol language AM station owned by Bicol Broadcasting System, Inc. An affiliated by Audiovisual Communicators Incorporated in the Philippines The stations studio are located at Daet, Camarines Norte will be constructed on September 10, 2018
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Camarines Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Camarines Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Talisay, Camarines Norte.|