|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Filipino people redirect.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
|This redirect is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Threads older than 30 days days may be archived by.|
Revert adding sports figures to the infobox photo
in this revert I was intending to remove just Tim Tebow, as my understanding is that he is not Filipino. I inadvertantly removed several others who are Filipino as well, though. I'll leave it to other editors to restore those photos if that is appropriate. It seems to me as if the addition ought to have gotten consensus here before being done. I haven't followed it, but hasn't there been quite a bit of "churn" in the infobox photos here? Wtmitchell (talk) (earlier Boracay Bill) 08:11, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
What's this Mestizo bias in the infobox?
So it's come to my attention that somebody keeps reverting my edits, and replacing them with every single random Mestizo Filipino they can find. Listen, there are like already four Mestizos in this infobox, and perhaps Sultan Kudarat's legitimacy comes to the fact that he was proclaimed a Philippine national hero by Ferdinand Marcos, probably the ONLY one as a native of Mindanao.
You might as well rename this article "Catholic Mestizos of Southeast Asia" if you are going to fill the infobox with 7/10 Mestizo Catholics. PacificWarrior101 (talk) 05:00, 18 April 2014 (UTC)PacificWarrior101
I Have Made Changes to the Images/Mosaic Discussion Section
As you people have known, a huge edit war took place between I and some IP user from Britain, faking to be an embassy worker and a worker for the King of Spain. So here is a section, for discussions regarding the people on the mosaic and infobox simply to prevent another huge edit war from taking place.
So, I have added Sultan Kudarat in favor of José María of Manila, since is he the only Philippine national hero from the Moro region. Additionally I have also added Said Basher albeit he is a national Islamic imam, in to accompany the existing Roman Catholic priests (Pedro Calungsod and Francisca del Espíritu Santo Fuentes). This equalizes it, two Roman Catholics and two Muslims.
Also, I have put Jesús A. Villamor since he was a prominent Filipino fighter during World War II.
Regions with significant populations (2014-9 revision)
Seeing a problem with some of the figures in this list, I WP:BOLDly revised the whole list. For those who want to check out my changes, generally what I did was this:
- I located the latest "Stock Estimate of Overseas Filipinos" here. It was the 2012 estimate here
- I tried to verify each figure in the list using the source cited for it
- If I was able to verify the figure, I compared it with the Stock Estimate figure and made a judgement about which figure to use
- If I was not able to verify the figure in the list, I used the stock estimate figure
- I then manually sorted the list into order by the population figure
- I then compared the sorted list with figures in the 2012 stock estimate, adding entries from the stock estimate into the list (I added Singapore, Brunei, Macau, Jordan, Algeria, Angola, Equatorial Guinea, perhaps others, using "xx" for the inserted number of the item)
- I then renumbered the list items sequentially, removing items numbered higher than 35 from the list (the template currently displays only 32 entries)
There are some obvious problems with this
- Using the stock guide figure counts only POEA Filipinos in a country. This is probably close to correct for most countries, and wildly incorrect for some countries.
- Figures from some other sources are problematic. For example, the Australia figure is for persons in Australia who were born in the Philippines. This miscounts non-filipinos born in the Philippines who happen to reside in Australia as Filipinos, and miscounts Filipinos born in Australia as non-filipinos.
Move discussion in progress
There is a move discussion in progress on Talk:Belizean people which affects this page. Please participate on that page and not in this talk page section. Thank you. —RMCD bot 12:59, 2 April 2015 (UTC)