Talk:List of governors of Tamil Nadu
|WikiProject India / Tamil Nadu / Politics||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
no archives yet (create)
- Dates do not sort properly (You need to use a sortkey)
- I have disabled sorting for the date columns.
- Can we have the graphical timeline like the CM of Tamil Nadu?
- Graphical timeline will need party colors. I did not want to assign party affiliations to the governors. Please let me know your thoughts.
- Dates no longer need to be wikified as per the new MOS
- Removed the wikilinks for dates.
- His official --> use gender neutral tone
- The complete list of Governors of Tamil Nadu --> avoid. As oer MOS rules List...Nadu does not need to be in bold or repetitive as the title is descriptive
- Fixed but left the title bold. Let me know if that is okay.
- 9 > nine
- It comprised present-day > grammar
- Fixed. Please check.
- 1st time > odd reading. Remove
- Removed and have added a terms column
- real power lies in the hand of the > make it more active > CMs are invested with most executive powers.
- Fixed. Please check.
- I have made the required changes. Please check again. Thanks, Ganeshk (talk) 14:49, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
I kinda remember that Krishan Kant was acting governor since Chenna Reddy died in office. Please check if this ref is of any use  although it doesn't seem to spell out that he was acting governor. Cheers Wiki San Roze †αLҝ 19:36, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- According to this, he held an additional charge. Regards, Ganeshk (talk) 02:18, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- I have updated the table per your suggestion. Regards, Ganeshk (talk) 02:30, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- The governors need not have political colours: See List of popes (graphical) for example. You can separate the nominated governors from acting governors like the pope and antipope.
- The picture placeholders look odd. There is only one picture, so that kinda makes the need for one unnecessary.
- MOS dictates (or atleast the current debate) that the date should be in the international format: eg 15 August 1947. Note the lack of a comma. The current rendering is inconsistent.
- I think you need to expand on why acting governors were listed.
- For some of the older governors, you might be able to source PD photographs (if published in India before 1948)
- This article Indian order of precedence came to my mind for a possible expansion. [EDIT: PS What do you know? It is exactly 4 years to the day I created it :D )
- for a term of five years. --> for a five year term / quinquennial term
- The following is the list of the Governors of Tamil Nadu --> Start with Governors of Tamil Nadu...
- Too many ands in the second sentence of the lead
- =Madras Presidency and Madras State= has a very long lead in sentence. Split. Begin the second sentence Headquartered in...
- After the Indian independence, --> After India's independence in 1947
- at the union level --> Central government level
- Ujjal Singh --> Link (sortable columns should have all names linked)
- Records section should be consistent. There is a dash used for the first instance of the term, and the other two instances uses a too
- 4 is not a reference. It should come under =Notes= (Amateur radio frequency bands in India has some examples)
- Column title Term should be Terms
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of governors of Tamil Nadu. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070106000000/http://www.tn.gov.in/misc/histn.htm to http://www.tn.gov.in/misc/histn.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.