Talk:Voltage stabiliser

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The linear regulator article covers the shunt and simple regulator types and also describes a few more regulator circuits (like IC regulators). The op-amp based stabiliser section may be added to the linear regulator article to make it more comprehensive with this article redirecting to it. -- Rohitbd 15:16, 19 January 2006 (UTC)

I do not believe the final statement in the Voltage stabilizer with operational amplifier to be accurate. Ignoring every other loss, the highest Vout can be is Vin-Vbe. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by (talkcontribs) 22:52, 2 March


I think the Title: Voltage stabiliser should be redirected to Voltage regulator, but the content should be merged with Linear regulator. Jidan 06:25, 6 June 2006 (UTC)

No, I don't think this is a good idea. A voltage stabilizer is something different than a regulator.

Voltage Stabilizer is something independent and is known by that connotation in many countries. So it should remain separate.

The circuit with the opamp should be on both pages or merged as this is a good circuit.


Stabiliser or stabilizer? The article is named "stabiliser," but everywhere the article says "stabilizer." They're pretty close on Google (UK:1,030,000 US:936,000); Yahoo! is much more biased (UK:42,100 US:607,000) and suggests correcting "stabiliser" with "stabilizer." The same bias occurs in Wikipedia's search (UK:1,905 US:19,428). Voltage regulator links to "Voltage stabilizer" in its section on voltage stabilixers. There is a disambiguation page Stabilizer (which doesn't link to this article and maybe should). I would go with "stabilizer"

Dmbrown00 02:39, 16 June 2007 (UTC)


The voltage stabilizers shown as of late June, 2007 are all linesr DC circuits. In power enginering, most stabilizers are some form of adjustable transformer. In instrumentation engineering, most stabilizers are some form of inverter.