Talk:10.2 surround sound
|WikiProject Film||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Professional sound production||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
And to think at first I thought this was a joke... Thegline 22:27, 1 July 2006 (UTC)
Nope, it's for real - and it's an amazing experience. The name does lend itself to sarcasm, though... --Dennitzio 17:26, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
This article really needs cleanup. Too much of it sounds like an advertisement. --22.214.171.124 11:36, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
- I have to agree with this. 126.96.36.199 03:46, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- I disagree. None of the information presented seems biased, and with one exception at the end, no commercial products are mentioned. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:55, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
"There is no other system, for instance, that would allow an airplane to fly overhead while a bee encircles you at only a few feet away."
A critical ability of any sound system... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 02:44, 4 June 2007 (UTC).
- There are several such systems including 22.2 and Ambisonics. 220.127.116.11 20:35, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- I have changed the article as the above extract is factually incorrect. 18.104.22.168 03:46, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
Not catching on?
- There does exist a 6.1 DTS with a discrete back-center channel. As for 7.1, there are just "too many" possible channel layouts. KSM-2501ZX, IP address:= 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:04, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
Channel Order and Labels
It would be nice if this page had a section for the supported channel labels and numbers with their order. The 22.2 page has this, but seems to conflict with the supporting document. Please email me at cvanwink [ a t ] adobe.com — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:25, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
Where is 12.2 defined?
DTS Coherent Acoustics defines 10.2 surround but where does 12.2 come from? The article neither states a source nor is it clear whether this is already an established standard or a proposal or someone's personal home setup ;) --Mudd1 (talk) 12:38, 29 May 2015 (UTC)