Talk:10 Holloway Circus
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Surely Beetham Tower's location is Birminhgam City Centre and not Ladywood? Maybe Holloway Head or even Highgate, but it is over 2 mile from the edge of Ladywood. 184.108.40.206 13:36, 7 March 2006 (UTC)Dave
- To be honest, I am not to sure myself. It is on Holloway Circus and the boundary of Ladywood and the City Centre has been porly defined at that point. I can only provide small parts of knowledge about it's general location - (Erebus555 17:03, 7 March 2006 (UTC))
- Technically the tower is sited in the Birmingham ward of Ladywood, see http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/Media?MEDIA_ID=128990. However, it would be fair to say "city centre" as this is a largely undefined area and the tower is centrally located in Birmingham.
The tower is also known as the shower curtain, because it looks like one from the south, particularly as you drive into town along the Bristol Road. I can't find a source for this, though, so I can't put it in the article. Can anyone help? --HughCharlesParker (talk - contribs) 14:00, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
- I was unaware it was also known as that and I have never heard anyone refer to it as that so maybe that is why you can't find a source because it is barely used. Erebus555 15:31, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
- I remember a Midlands Today story on it when the front was first finished which ended with them asking members of the public what they thought it should be called. The final commment broadcast was a woman saying it looked like a shower curtain and this sems to have stuck in people's memory. It certainly stuck in mine. 195.xx.xx.xxx 11:15, 13 October 2006 (UTC)
- There is an article here about Birmingham which refers to the tower as a 'shower curtain'. Maybe this should be included then. - Erebus555 18:57, 26 December 2006 (UTC)
Shouldn't the sentence about Beetham's litigation read "Flats they received did NOT match those described in the sales literature..."? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:37, 9 March 2007 (UTC).
- Yep, slight typo there. Thanks for pointing it out! - Erebus555 16:28, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on 10 Holloway Circus. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070928001812/http://www.concretecentre.com/main.asp?page=1274 to http://www.concretecentre.com/main.asp?page=1274
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked