Talk:18th G7 summit
There is a slow-motion edit war about one aspect of 18th G7 summit.
|Collapsed argument and details|
Beginning with the 3rd G7 summit in London in 1977, the President of the European Commission or his successor President of the European Union has been a formal participant in successive annual events -- see "EU and the G8". In each article about G7/G8 summits, Lucie-Marie has deleted text about EU participation. These serial reverts ignored hyperlinks in the supporting inline citations which were also deleted. Despite attempts to engage discussion here, no consensus has been achieved. Her opinions here have merit, but they remain only opinions. No cited source supports these reverts. Our core policies require something different. WP:V seems relevant because "the threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth — whether readers can check that material added to Wikipedia has already been published by a reliable source, not whether editors think it is true."
The edit history of 36th G8 summit records an unhelpful pattern:
The same pattern is seen at 37th G8 summit:
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on 18th G7 summit. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100603074840/http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2009/0327_global_governance_rieffel.aspx to http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2009/0327_global_governance_rieffel.aspx
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100602190742/http://g8.gc.ca/about/member-states/ to http://g8.gc.ca/about/member-states/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070226165606/http://www.deljpn.ec.europa.eu/union/showpage_en_union.external.g8.php to http://www.deljpn.ec.europa.eu/union/showpage_en_union.external.g8.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.